DOK

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I'm in class for training to go full time drivers and they say we must know the DOK word for word .. What is the best way to study ??

Make some study cards on 3 x 5 index cards and flip through them during the day.

When you can sit down with a blank piece of paper and write them down from memory, you are golden.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Buy a good pad with lots of paper, write it verbatim from the cheat sheet the first time and then try and do it without the cheat sheet and use the cheat sheet when you are stuck.
Then keep writing until you can write it all without looking at the cheat sheet

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Buy a good pad with lots of paper, write it verbatim from the cheat sheet the first time and then try and do it without the cheat sheet and use the cheat sheet when you are stuck.
Then keep writing until you can write it all without looking at the cheat sheet

But I just don't care. Send me home. I don't know it word for word. Never will

3 done 3 to go

I understand, but in order to get in the door to drive you have puke the drivel. Once you make book, huh is always a great response or hide in the bathroom when the auditors arrive

Auditors? Never really got to see one of those. For a while we were told try were around. But, never got to see them. I think I'll see bigfoot first. Book 28 yrs ago

3 done 3 to go

UPS is way too cheap to throw money at something very long. Usually 3 yrs tops. Then a gradual disappearing. Just to show OSHA - look we care about safety. Yeah right

BostonBo

I used pneumonics (sp?). For instance WUTDDDD360 or All Good Kids Like Milk. Then, I just wrote them over and over, working as much from memory as possible, until I didn't miss a single one. If it was an oral test, then I would say them over and over, but I'm sure it'll be written.

E-racer

th

She looks like a girl who promotes natural bush.

In a comfortable chair with a lamp on and the TV off.

Awesome!

Last edited:

StoptheAct1212

Hard to say everyone learns different.
You will get it... repetitiveness...
Its actually common sence..
Things we actually do on a daily basis..

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
all good advice here.

i also learned everything by putting them in practice. while driving i would say out loud what 5 seeing habits or 10 point commentary i was doing. an on road supe taught me that. you can do this in your car coming and going from work.

also the same applies with picking up a box or anything . go thru slowly saying out loud the steps for that . do this several times per shift and after awhile it will become second nature.

finally , another good tip. work with a partner. either wife, husband, girlfriend or co-worker. you will help each other in this way.

you'll get it.

bddaddy

At the class when you are ready to recite the DOK they allow you to write it first on a piece of paper in front of them. This makes it a lot easier.

Eye To Eye Contact.

I'm in class for training to go full time drivers and they say we must know the DOK word for word .. What is the best way to study ??
Record your self saying them. Put those on loop. Listen , write and say them out loud as you right them. This will make you take it in at a faster rate