Don’t Always Have A Car BreakDown....

CoffeeStainedUniform

When it comes to safety you, the driver, are responsible 100% to make sure you don't drive an unfit truck. Red tag or no redtag, I don't care if I have 250 packages or not I won't put everyone on the highway in danger for a damn package.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
When it comes to safety you, the driver, are responsible 100% to make sure you don't drive an unfit truck. Red tag or no redtag, I don't care if I have 250 packages or not I won't put everyone on the highway in danger for a damn package.
10 days ago you didn't know if you could be bumped by a senior person, yet today you are head of the safety committee and ready to invoke god himself and any schvatz within earshot to enforce Article 18.

Now that's how you escalate S*!!!! You could teach these MoFugs a thing or two.

CoffeeStainedUniform

10 days ago you didn't know if you could be bumped by a senior person, yet today you are head of the safety committee and ready to invoke god himself and any schvatz within earshot to enforce Article 18.

Now that's how you escalate S*!!!! You could teach these MoFugs a thing or two.
I have been in a position to put my foot down on safety related issues. I also feel very strongly about stupudity behind the wheel. We drive very large projectiles down the road everyday and I don't give a damn who you are, safety is your responsibility.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
But when I do, the mechanic brings out a red tagged car and says it’s fine.

Both of the trucks I have red tagged right now are safe to drive

Wait, so you are saying they actually red tag your vehicles? I was leaking fuel a while back and they sent me another truck that had been towed earlier. This "new" truck only had a minor problem...

View attachment 203232

The center carrier bearing was out of its mounting. OK to drive though.

I kept the fuel leaking vehicle opting instead, to go down the road in a blaze of glory rather than have my driveshaft lockup at highway speed and send me careening uncontrollably towards other cars or off a cliff.

No mechanic looked at that and thought it was safe. Probably was not tagged in the system yet and some supervisor sent it out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I blew a rear caliper out and called this in. My mechanic had to go by an auto parts store to pick up brake fluid because our shop (5 bays and a trailer bay) doesn’t keep that in stock. After we swapped cars out, he pinched the brake line with vise grips and drove it in.

2B1B66B8-B9A2-4112-97BA-1054D2451CC2.jpeg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
N
I blew a rear caliper out and called this in. My mechanic had to go by an auto parts store to pick up brake fluid because our shop (5 bays and a trailer bay) doesn’t keep that in stock. After we swapped cars out, he pinched the brake line with vise grips and drove it in.

View attachment 203764
Not sure why your guys would not have brake fluid. It is a pink tag (" free") item from MDC. Makes no sense.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Betta think that one out when push comes to shove. You can do it, but you'd better have something safety related you can prove. Just my opinion.
Yeah I've done it before. Had the belt showing through on the tires. center manager tried telling me I had to drive it.

Yeah I don't think so. Lol

twoweeled

My starter didn't work one time. When I popped the doghouse cover off I immediately discovered the problem. The starter was hanging under the truck by its wire. UPS's solution--push start it and continue on.
I remember experiencing a similar move. Over the phone, mechanics tells me; "you know, once you get those cars rolling, it's not too hard to pop the clutch."
"Okay." I called back. "Sorry, I just couldn't get it going". I could do that all day!! Let's talk back and forth, the whole day on the phone. I've got the time. Sooner or later, the center will get together with the shop. "We really need you to get that driver back on the road!!"
The problem with today's driver, is they seem to put the packages as the #1 priority. The driver himself, is/should be the #1 priority. Packages will be there. Don't worry about that.