Don't sign a "Fair Day's Work" agreement

browned out

Somehow we are the best paid drivers in the industry and UPS margins are still the highest in the industry. I am sure that has nothing to do with 99% of the drivers busting their tail.

ANTI-Socks

Here you go pickup . this along with his other posts is the reason that UPSSocks was justified in what he was doing.

Ignorant dim-witted posts begets ignorant dim-witted posts.

Ouch. Guess I hit a nerve. What time did you get home tonight there hardworking guy? I got home at 10:30PM. *******

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ouch. Guess I hit a nerve. What time did you get home tonight there hardworking guy? I got home at 10:30PM. **********.
Sorry you had to work so late.

There were BCers who questioned my assertion that there were posters on BC that justified UPSSocks for posting the way he did.
I promised them I point out those posters that justified UPSSocks posts by replying ANTI-Socks.
I follow through on my promises to others. :wink2:

Therefore, your posts don't bother me ... it just illustrates to other Union employees on here that they have some SOCKS type posters on here but they don't notice.
In fact, "I Thank You" ... proceed as you were.

DS

Fenderbender
You can always find a reason to not go the extra mile if you're so inclined. The job you do should be your best regardless of your boss.

Thats easy for you to say.Its not so much if you are so inclined,its the pressure of too much work and not enough time in a day to really try.I agree with you that some drivers abuse things
but when time allows, we will go beyond the call of duty to try to stay on the good side of each customer.

JonFrum

ANTI-Socks

Here you go pickup . this along with his other posts is the reason that UPSSocks was justified in what he was doing.

But didn't UPSSOCKS start it????

And wern't his insults egregious cheap-shots made for the sake of provoking rather than contributing to the discussion.

And didn't the Moderators let him go on for a good long time?

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
But didn't UPSSOCKS start it???? No he responded originally to posters who made outrageous assertions about management and lumped them all in one big group.

And wern't his insults egregious cheap-shots made for the sake of provoking rather than contributing to the discussion. YES - just like this gentleman/lady here.

And didn't the Moderators let him go on for a good long time? Yes until he/she started to attack people instead of their ideas/posts and then he was warned and eventually put in moderation queue.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe 99% of other hourlies. *********

Managers in my center are hardly clueless and certainly not lazy. Yes, their ability to make decisions is more limited than in years past, but that is not a reflection upon them but rather a philosophy change many levels above them.

My center manager is there from 7am until at least 8pm every day. He comes in on Saturday. Our dispatch sup also runs the preload so he is there at 4am. My on-car shows up at 7:15am and doesn't usually leave until 7pm, if not later.

Clueless and lazy are not the words that I would use to describe them.

tieguy

Banned
ANTI-Socks

if the standards were fair this guy would be moderated. That wont happen so let the ***** rant away.
truth be told If we're really enforcing TOS here then the "eat my" part of his name is a violation.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Managers in my center are hardly clueless and certainly not lazy. Yes, their ability to make decisions is more limited than in years past, but that is not a reflection upon them but rather a philosophy change many levels above them.

My center manager is there from 7am until at least 8pm every day. He comes in on Saturday. Our dispatch sup also runs the preload so he is there at 4am. My on-car shows up at 7:15am and doesn't usually leave until 7pm, if not later.

Clueless and lazy are not the words that I would use to describe them.

My on car is never at the building past 4 unless he IS on-car. Aside from that, he is one of the best sups I have had. We butt heads occasionally but over-all, I have a lot of respect for him. I will do my best to help him because of this. My center manager, I have absolutely no respect for. I don't like him, I don't trust him any further than I can spit. It's a good thing, for me, that I rarely ever see him.

You're right, things have changed over the past few years. I haven't been around long enough to see just how much they have changed but I do see it just the same. The majority of it is coming down from the corporate level. With that said, there are those (like my center manager) who have taken their attitudes to an extreme level. That is NOT coming from corporate. That is personal. Any supervisor, who is worth their salt, knows that it takes a 'whole' to make it work. A 'whole' team. Not this 'I'm better than you, do as I say' attitude.

The attitude like UPSSocks (and a few others, whether or not it is just a BC attitude) has, doen't cut it in the real world. My guess is, that attitude carries over into the real world. I have seen no temperance from this poster. Tie, has it a little of this attitude but at least can temper it here. If he can do that here then I would say he does it at work as well.

gostillerz

A while ago, the dispatcher came up to me and told me to stay after we were finished loading to go back and make sure one truck was loaded absolutely perfectly. Everything stop for stop on the shelves, there were no bulk stops at all, nothing on the floor. For 2 days, it was much lighter than usual. After that, it went back to "make it fit however you can".

Another example.. on the rare occasion I drive, they load the moving van with Walmart, Target, etc, then I come back and grab a 500 for maybe 75 stops. On the days I don't, I load a 600 with Walmart, Target, etc plus at least 100 residential stops with the stores (which are delivered first) spa'd to FL3 and FL4 and the residentials to cover the front and back of the truck. They don't like this driver, and was told by my on-car that they're trying to get him out because he complains all of the time (he really does though).

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
A while ago, the dispatcher came up to me and told me to stay after we were finished loading to go back and make sure one truck was loaded absolutely perfectly. Everything stop for stop on the shelves, there were no bulk stops at all, nothing on the floor. For 2 days, it was much lighter than usual. After that, it went back to "make it fit however you can".

Another example.. on the rare occasion I drive, they load the moving van with Walmart, Target, etc, then I come back and grab a 500 for maybe 75 stops. On the days I don't, I load a 600 with Walmart, Target, etc plus at least 100 residential stops with the stores (which are delivered first) spa'd to FL3 and FL4 and the residentials to cover the front and back of the truck. They don't like this driver, and was told by my on-car that they're trying to get him out because he complains all of the time (he really does though).

That statement right there will get a sup fired in a heartbeat. That is retaliation and harassment. That's very considerate of you to throw another under the bus. :grrr:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
if the standards were fair this guy would be moderated. That wont happen so let the ***** rant away.
truth be told If we're really enforcing TOS here then the "eat my" part of his name is a violation.

The "eat my" needs to be, and obviously has been, taken in context to the rest of his screen name, so as usual your assertion is a stretch.
Secondly, you calling him an ****** makes you in violation of the TOS.
What a hypocrite.

UPSSOCKS

That statement right there will get a sup fired in a heartbeat. That is retaliation and harassment. That's very considerate of you to throw another under the bus. :grrr:

Really retalliation and harrassment??? You obviously don't understand the definition of harrasment, and retalliation is exactly what union folk do everyday!!!!!! What happens if a part time person's time gets cut?? What happens if a driver gets mad at his on car?? You guys retalliate. Try to get a FULL TIME supervisor on retalliation... They will laugh at you.. I can't even begin to describe how many times someone has pointed the retalliation finger at me... I don't even acknowledge the accusations anymore.

P

pickup

ANTI-Socks

Okay, I'll play along, i wasn't following this thread after the initial two or three posts and so was unaware that a post was directed to me until some browncafe troublemaker pm'd me about it. But if UPSocks was justified in what he was doing (and I 'm not saying he was or wasn't) then riddle me this ,boy blunder, why was he placed in the moderation queue ?

[video=youtube;um80EEeXzFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um80EEeXzFo[/video]

brownman15

ok we have gotten way of the subject but the reality is the contract says we do not have to sign any document related to a fairs day work so the company cannot make us sign it.

705red

Browncafe Steward
There are shirts going around the 705 buildings that say DONT SIGN SH#T, some real eye catchers. The printers cant print them fast enough.

Great thread Jon.

Dont sign anything, any questions ask your steward!