Don't Support Union Busting Hostess Twinkees !

stink219

i'm afraid more and more companies will use these union busting techniques. then it will turn out to a race to the bottom with wages. only thing stopping anyone will be the federal minimum wage.

there was an interesting article comparing successful union Costco and not so successful sam's Club. wish I could find it. people seem to forget that union usually means quality.
Biggest union busting technique out there is to create an opposing organization claiming to be Teamsters only bad mouth the current administration in every move they make in order to fleece the members out of paying additional monies in an effort to finance a multi marketing scheme for that organizations head for personal financial gain.

brett636

I never was a big fan of twinkies so I doubt I will be buying the new version once it hits store shelves. With that being said the unions at hostess had their chance to remain employed and they voted for no job at all so the lack of union labor wouldn't affect my decision to buy it or not.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I never was a big fan of twinkies so I doubt I will be buying the new version once it hits store shelves. With that being said the unions at hostess had their chance to remain employed and they voted for no job at all so the lack of union labor wouldn't affect my decision to buy it or not.

Spoken just like your hero. Ole' Ronnie never did like the working class. They got in the way of the Wall Street titans.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Biggest union busting technique out there is to create an opposing organization claiming to be Teamsters only bad mouth the current administration in every move they make in order to fleece the members out of paying additional monies in an effort to finance a multi marketing scheme for that organizations head for personal financial gain.

​That explains the "TDU" item on the UPS ledger sheet.

A

anonymous6

using that logic we shouldn't ask for anything.

brett636

Spoken just like your hero. Ole' Ronnie never did like the working class. They got in the way of the Wall Street titans.

So I am supposed to boycott a product because the workers, by their own choice, voted themselves out of a job? They were told if you don't accept these terms we are going out of business, they did not accept the terms and they did just that. They were warned beforehand, it was no surprise that hostess was in dire financial straights, but they voted themselves out of a job anyway. Exactly how is that the company's fault again?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Ask the flight controllers.

just with the screen actors guild

Wasn't Reagan a union president?

Read this:
Collision Course: Ronald Reagan, the Air Traffic Controllers, and the Strike that Changed America: Joseph A. McCartin: 9780199836789: Amazon.com: Books

stink219

I stopped eating twinkles when they reduced the cream filling to 2oz about 15 years ago. Before they were busting at the seams. Who knew they were cutting corners back then?