Don't Tell - Don't Ask

athena

But I could blackmail them into buying me items from the vending machines.:money:
Getting to watch two people go at it at the end of the day: 10 hours of hard labor

Getting to be one of the two people going at it at the end of the day: 10 hours of hard labor and having a hot rear end

Getting to blackmail people going at it at the end of the day: priceless

There are some things working hard can't buy. For everything else, there is slaving away at UPS.

rod

Retired 22 years
There were 2 posts in a row. One is "don't ask don't tell -the one below it it "fudging". That's a classic:peaceful:

filthpig

Do what you want, but don't start crying when someone doesn't like it. Personally I find the gay lifestyle revolting, and I don't want it exposed to my children. If I find it offensive, I'm saying something.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Ive tried to stay neutral on this one. I find it a no win post.

Something interesting that I seem to glean from the posts.

The first poster mentioned "sucking face" that he determined not to be in keeping with workplace affection. What if the visual had been "sucking FITB", would that have offended as well?

In my case, affection is normal. Showing affection is normal to a point. After that it become exhibitionism. And I find that in the case of many homosexual relationships, they are interested in exhibitionism more than actual affection. Then again, some people enjoy voyeurism to various degrees in public.

And that is where the act becomes a problem.

One of my teachers back in middleschool said it best. You have all the rights to do what you want. Until your rights collide with mine, you can do anything you want.

If someone wants an alternative lifestyle, that is their perogative. Heavens sake, its not like its new. What has been new is the activity and the political action that has been rammed into todays society. Yes, it is a shame that some relationships like Alaska's have had their problem. But declaring it a marrage does not make it so, or does it releive the issues, all it does is put a bandaid on it.

That lifestyle is not for me, and my personal belief system says it is wrong. But I will not judge someone else doing what they want, as long as their "joy and persuit of happiness" does not affect me. When it does, then I do have a right to get involved in the discussion. I dont take my heterosexual behaviour out in the streets to offend them, I would expect the homosexual to do the same.

d