Flavor of the Month: Following Trace

Brown Down

Run straight air in order, straight businesses in order and then resi. They'll either fix that bs or your route will be half of what it should be.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They’re going to say “we only wanted you to follow it 90%” you reply, “there’s not a tracker in the diad that tells you what percentage you are achieving at a any given time in the day, so I had no choice but to follow 100%”

The dispatch sup can put a closing time in Orion for that stop so Orion will direct you there by closing time.
I always told them, I know what 100 per cent is. I dont have time to do the math for 90, 87, 80 or whatever the flavor of the month is.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
How trace works:

A break is whenever you go backwards in EDD. Except if it's the same street as your next listed stop. Trace is always maintained sheeting the same road in sequence even if that road is broken up throughout the day in Orion. You can actually jump ahead as much as you want but it will likely update and screw your plans up

Whenever a dynamic update occurs, the old trace you were in the middle of is no longer valid. You must follow the new order.

Pickup order doesn't count towards trace. Stick with the timeframe your customers are expecting, not when Orion places them. It sometimes tells me to go to pickups 2-3 hours early. Don't do that.
From what I remember this is GOOD EXPLANATION OF TRACE. From what I remember when trying to stay in trace, I spent way too much time trying to do the math, like if I break off here, and do these 6 stops, will I have time to get back on trace, and not hurt my percentage. I just followed it and it was miserable. But I knew what 100 was. They took a job that had enough stress and piled on more. Just one of many reasons I knew I had to GTH out.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It will stick. It's an instruction. Sheeted as missed after 5 was a procedure. The procedure has changed.
Even still it used to be a term-able act. there needs to be some serious communication on the record to change any cardinal precident. Not suprising though, system treats both as one and the same.

Brown Down

On the other hand, I've seen people fired for working as directed because they were directed to do something in contradiction to the training.
any time there is a contradiction just bring it up and make them put it in writing ie a paper or message through the board as to how they want it done. no paper or message no go on work as directed.

YourMissingCallTag

Ran my route my way yesterday, trace was 80% and I was 4 miles under Orion’s planned mileage.
Received discipline for not hitting 90%.
Today I ran Orion as close to 100% as possible and came in 25 miles over the planned mileage.
Tomorrow should be a hoot!

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Ran my route my way yesterday, trace was 80% and I was 4 miles under Orion’s planned mileage.
Received discipline for not hitting 90%.
Today I ran Orion as close to 100% as possible and came in 25 miles over the planned mileage.
Tomorrow should be a hoot!
Similar dispatch I assume? What about finish times?

iruhnman630

I go into the filters and turn everything off except commit.

Feel free to pull me in the office and I will run next stop all day long, including when the punch out activity comes before I am done.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I go into the filters and turn everything off except commit.

Feel free to pull me in the office and I will run next stop all day long, including when the punch out activity comes before I am done.
Same here. Get that stuff off, commercial bulk, then do my loops the way that is safest and makes the most sense