Don't use your 4 ways all day

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
If this is the case, then why is it that the keyless wont work but the key will? And why is keyless operation then restored once the battery has been recharged by running the engine for a couple of minutes? This happened to me 3 different times in a 2 week period during the winter, and it was resolved once the mechanic replaced both batteries in my package car.
Perhaps the on/off relay for the keyless is getting picky. I've had to replace many that refused to work or turn off. I've never had a low voltage issue that only affected the keyless system.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My center kept the keys in the lockbox and wouldn't tell drivers the combination. If a driver needed the key he had to call in and ask the shop, wasting at least 20 minutes. Then the combination would be changed so the whole procedure would need to be repeated the next time. UPS did it that way to force the drivers to use fobs because otherwise many would have used the key if possible.
That is supposedly the official policy. Nobody cares to enforce it most of the time. I have had to change the code when the driver repeatedly has both out/ loses them and does not notify me why the spare is out.

dragracer66

Perhaps the on/off relay for the keyless is getting picky. I've had to replace many that refused to work or turn off. I've never had a low voltage issue that only affected the keyless system.
Thanks 1Brown.... I chase a lot of dead batteries during the course of the year and never once did I EVER see one work and the other not!