Dont you just love residential deliveries?

surviv'n_it

This is a basic dialog I have on a daily basis with people on my route. My route is a very wealthy area. The average home is $400,000 and goes up to 5 million dollars. The funny thing is most are just secondary or summer homes. Anyways, dealing with these people who think they are God and that everyone who is working out there is their personal servant, also seem to show some signs of stupidity. For example, this dialog is basically what takes place at least 15-20 times a day. It has gotten to the point where I park at least 1 house down and quietly release the package without making any customer contact.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]me: Hi, how are you doing?
them: Are you here for me?
me: Um, I just have a package for Linda
them: That's me. I didn't order anything. What is it?
me: I don't know, I didn't open it up. Its from amazon.
them: I don't understand, I didn't order anything.
me: OK, maybe its a present from someone?
them: No. I don't get things like that.
me: OK, well do you want it or should I send it back refused.
them: I don't know, what is it?
me: (chuckling a bit) I am sorry but I don't know, a book?
them: Hmmm, that is strange. I just don't understand.
me: OK, I am sorry but I have to run. Do you want it?
them: Oh, did you say Amazon?
me: Yes, its from Amazon.
them: maybe its the CD I ordered.
me: It very well could be, do you want it?
them: You said it was a book.
me: (groaning) I said I didn't know, that maybe it was a book.
them: This must be the CD I ordered for my son. He is in the army you know. He loves this music even though I think it is just good for giving headaches.......................(blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, actually you are good for giving a headache!!!)
[/FONT]

So I am sure you must have similar situations, especially with the older people that seem entirely confused most of the time.:lol:

satellitedriver

This is a basic dialog I have on a daily basis with people on my route. My route is a very wealthy area. The average home is $400,000 and goes up to 5 million dollars. The funny thing is most are just secondary or summer homes. Anyways, dealing with these people who think they are God and that everyone who is working out there is their personal servant, also seem to show some signs of stupidity. For example, this dialog is basically what takes place at least 15-20 times a day. It has gotten to the point where I park at least 1 house down and quietly release the package without making any customer contact.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]me: Hi, how are you doing?
them: Are you here for me?
me: Um, I just have a package for Linda
them: That's me. I didn't order anything. What is it?
me: I don't know, I didn't open it up. Its from amazon.
them: I don't understand, I didn't order anything.
me: OK, maybe its a present from someone?
them: No. I don't get things like that.
me: OK, well do you want it or should I send it back refused.
them: I don't know, what is it?
me: (chuckling a bit) I am sorry but I don't know, a book?
them: Hmmm, that is strange. I just don't understand.
me: OK, I am sorry but I have to run. Do you want it?
them: Oh, did you say Amazon?
me: Yes, its from Amazon.
them: maybe its the CD I ordered.
me: It very well could be, do you want it?
them: You said it was a book.
me: (groaning) I said I didn't know, that maybe it was a book.
them: This must be the CD I ordered for my son. He is in the army you know. He loves this music even though I think it is just good for giving headaches.......................(blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, actually you are good for giving a headache!!!)
[/FONT]

So I am sure you must have similar situations, especially with the older people that seem entirely confused most of the time.:lol:
It isn't just rich folk or the elders. It is pervasive throughout my route.
The one I love is when they say,"Who is it for"? I wish I could say,"I don't know, I just thought I would drive 20 miles on back roads to bring it to you."
While walking back to the pkg car, they always seem to yell "Oh yeah, I have been waiting for this."

surviv'n_it

It isn't just rich folk or the elders. It is pervasive throughout my route.
The one I love is when they say,"Who is it for"? I wish I could say,"I don't know, I just thought I would drive 20 miles on back roads to bring it to you."
While walking back to the pkg car, they always seem to yell "Oh yeah, I have been waiting for this."

:lol: You know what I really love? When someone flags me down and asks,"Do you have any packages for me?"

I just respond," I am sorry but my psychic network is down today. Can you please tell me your address?"

upsgrunt

There are so many times that you want to say something, but know you can't. Lately when I get the question: "What is it?", I will hold it close to my head, pull it away, and then look confused when I say " I don't know, but it must be wrapped in lead." When they look confused I say: "My x-ray vision isn't picking anything up."
I also like to give this answer when asked "What is it?"- Do you ask the mailman how much your power bill is?

jlphotog

I love the look of fear on some faces when they ask, "do I have to sign anything?" When I say no then they reach for the package.

I would really like to know what they are afraid of.

SmithBarney

hah, its not just resis....
businesses too... I love this one, shouting across the building.

"did we order something...? "
I usually said "someone did, please sign"
shouting again "can I sign for this"...."what is it" answers come back.

surviv'n_it

hah, its not just resis....
businesses too... I love this one, shouting across the building.

"did we order something...? "
I usually said "someone did, please sign"
shouting again "can I sign for this"...."what is it" answers come back.

ROFL! That is hilarious! Why is that way everywhere!

I love it when they look at me and ask, "Can I sign for it?" I just say, "Yes, I think your the only one allowed to sign." :lol:

surviv'n_it

There are so many times that you want to say something, but know you can't. Lately when I get the question: "What is it?", I will hold it close to my head, pull it away, and then look confused when I say " I don't know, but it must be wrapped in lead." When they look confused I say: "My x-ray vision isn't picking anything up."
I also like to give this answer when asked "What is it?"- Do you ask the mailman how much your power bill is?

LOL, that is like when you leave a service notice that a package needs to be signed for in person. The next day is a note on the door saying to leave it somewhere. Then you leave a 2nd notice and then a message comes in later asking to reattempt it. When you go back, they argue that it was ok to just leave it or I could have signed their name for them. Dumb people.

satellitedriver

When they ask me,"What is it?" I always answer,"It's a box." I always say it with a laugh and a smile.

Griff

LOL, that is like when you leave a service notice that a package needs to be signed for in person. The next day is a note on the door saying to leave it somewhere. Then you leave a 2nd notice and then a message comes in later asking to reattempt it. When you go back, they argue that it was ok to just leave it or I could have signed their name for them. Dumb people.

You dont leave it if they put a note saying to leave it? I leave tons of signature required stuff for people who can't be home to sign for it. Obviously I use my judgement, I'd never leave something obvious like a TV or Dell box, but bland looking crap I leave.

B

Brown chef

I always say when asked what it is.....you know I haven't had a chance to open it yet today!!

breadbooze

You dont leave it if they put a note saying to leave it? I leave tons of signature required stuff for people who can't be home to sign for it. Obviously I use my judgement, I'd never leave something obvious like a TV or Dell box, but bland looking crap I leave.

depending on your area signed info notices aren't acceptable..

MacLeod82

Disgruntled Pkg Handler

That's risky business if you're signing it yourself. Something gets lost and they find out you signed for it, they won't likely care if there's a note or not.

upsdude

Don’t you just love the folks that are elbow deep in the cash register, but they can’t/won’t sign for a delivery.

I walked over to a rental office to indirect a package and the manager started yelling “we don’t accept deliveries here”. I said no problem, turned around and left. Few days later I had a package for the rental office, walked in the door and she started fussing again. No problem, sent it back “refused to sign”. :thumbup1:

old levi's

blank space
Don’t you just love the folks that are elbow deep in the cash register, but they can’t/won’t sign for a delivery.

I walked over to a rental office to indirect a package and the manager started yelling “we don’t accept deliveries here”. I said no problem, turned around and left. Few days later I had a package for the rental office, walked in the door and she started fussing again. No problem, sent it back “refused to sign”. :thumbup1:

But then you have those wonderful ladies that work in the front office who will be on the phone and working on the computer yet as soon as soon as you walk in they smile and reach out for that diad like it was a little baby. God bless those ladies.

Now a man can't handle the phone and the diad at the same time. Got to put one of them down.

surviv'n_it

But then you have those wonderful ladies that work in the front office who will be on the phone and working on the computer yet as soon as soon as you walk in they smile and reach out for that diad like it was a little baby. God bless those ladies.

Now a man can't handle the phone and the diad at the same time. Got to put one of them down.

LOL! I love the receptionist who is talking on the phone and make you wait a couple minutes, then she reaches for the board to sign. I always think, why didnt you just do that when I first got her?

Gman24

I always say when asked what it is.....you know I haven't had a chance to open it yet today!!

That is a GOOD ONE, I'll remember this one! It always irritates me when when someone asks as I am walking away and through with them, Is this all you have for me today?:ohmy:

sendagain

I just love the customers who don't trust you to be wandering loose in their company, thinking you might not be trustworthy. I have sometimes had to remind them that I already have most of their merchandise in my possession.