dot card expiration

40 stops to freedom

hey everyone I have a quick question. My dot card has 3/21 as the expiration date. Can I Drive that day and get it renewed on Saturday or is 3/20 the last day I can drive. Thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good question. I think you are right about driving on the 21st and getting it renewed on the 22nd. Keep in mind that you need to do the paperwork at home (upsers) before going to the appt.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

hey everyone I have a quick question. My dot card has 3/21 as the expiration date. Can I Drive that day and get it renewed on Saturday or is 3/20 the last day I can drive. Thanks

You should have gotten a reminder about a month ago from your center that your DOT card was going to expire.

Also in my building / area (3 buildings) they make the appointment for you....

Your good on the 21 but not after that so if you can't get it done on Sat or before you start work Monday you can't drive a UPS Vehicle....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Recert. The paperwork you are supposed to print at home from UPSers.com doesn't always work, a lot of our drivers including myself have to print it off of a work computer.

40 stops to freedom

16 pages.. the first time I forgot to extend the tray so I came back to the office to paper everywhere.. helps to have it print in reverse order too so you can just staple it and not rearrange everything

If you have a CDL and let your DOT expire your license is also rendered invalid by the Feds regardless of what the expiration date printed on the license.
I was advised of this when I registered my DOT at the DMV. The clerk advised always renewing at least 2 weeks before the DOT expiration date to prevent any problems.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If you have a CDL and let your DOT expire your license is also rendered invalid by the Feds regardless of what the expiration date printed on the license.
I was advised of this when I registered my DOT at the DMV. The clerk advised always renewing at least 2 weeks before the DOT expiration date to prevent any problems.

You just reminded me of the one errand I forgot today: was supposed to go to the DMV to give them a copy of my new DOT card, lest they cancel my CDL permit. Hard to go during the week.

Johney

You just reminded me of the one errand I forgot today: was supposed to go to the DMV to give them a copy of my new DOT card, lest they cancel my CDL permit. Hard to go during the week.
Not sure about where you are but here you can just scan it through their website.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not sure about where you are but here you can just scan it through their website.

Your DMV is open on the weekend? Ours is open 9-5 M-friend but does stay open until 7pm on Thursdays.

Your DMV has discovered the Internet? NYS DMV does offer some online services but they are very limited.

Johney

Your DMV has discovered the Internet? NYS DMV does offer some online services but they are very limited.
Oddly enough yes. When I renewed my D.O.T. card I scanned it on their website but never got a confirmation e-mail. So i went there to present it and was told it had gone through. While our DMV has internet options it does seem to need some work.