Dot disqualified

Anitabump

Hey I need advice! I’m a driver and have been. I had a serious mental health issue happen while I was on disability leave for a back injury. I went to get my DOT recently and was told there is a 1 year waiting period which will be done in February. I told my full time sup that I’m physically cleared to come back but not qualified to drive a truck until February. He said I’ll probably have to just wait until February to come back. But isn’t it true that they still need to provide me 8 hours of work a day?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Hey I need advice! I’m a driver and have been. I had a serious mental health issue happen while I was on disability leave for a back injury. I went to get my DOT recently and was told there is a 1 year waiting period which will be done in February. I told my full time sup that I’m physically cleared to come back but not qualified to drive a truck until February. He said I’ll probably have to just wait until February to come back. But isn’t it true that they still need to provide me 8 hours of work a day?
Yes

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Woah there cowboy slow down a step
What kind of “serious mental health issue” are we talking about here?
Whats the one year waiting for?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Not in NorCal, you can get your 8 but it would require you to work both pre-load and unload. Your pay would be what ever your inside pay would be as a part timer with the same years of service.

Yolo

They recently let a driver that got a DUI in our building do preload then porter to get his 8. Dude was thrilled. He dragged out the process to get his driving privileges as long as he could.

Anitabump

They recently let a driver that got a DUI in our building do preload then porter to get his 8. Dude was thrilled. He dragged out the process to get his driving privileges as long as he could.
that’s what I thought would happen. Just double checking to ease my anxiety. Thanks a bunch! Now I’m just crossing my fingers it won’t be carwash preload