Double shift question

BMWSauber1991

Hey, I work in the same area, probably even in the same hub. To answer your question, you only get overtime after your 5th shift, so if you you work 6 days in one pay period you get ot for one shift and so on. And you get overtime after 5 hours on any day you work.
I remember it quite differently when I worked at the Portland Hub...overtime after 5 hours. The sixth shift provision is for an extra Saturday/Sunday sort. It's easy to get those confused.

Do you know if it has changed since you worked elsewhere? I just want to know if I would get ot if I double on a Monday? Maybe I am not understanding correctly.

MethodsMan

Any shift past your 5th shift in a week is overtime. So if you double on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday your Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Wednesday 2nd shift, Thursday shifts would all be at straight time. Your Thursday double, Friday regular shift and Friday double shift would all be overtime. At least thats how it worked where I was. Might be different in other places.

UPSGUY72

Any shift past your 5th shift in a week is overtime. So if you double on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday your Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Wednesday 2nd shift, Thursday shifts would all be at straight time. Your Thursday double, Friday regular shift and Friday double shift would all be overtime. At least thats how it worked where I was. Might be different in other places.

Your wrong again troll. Not even close. Maybe that why you use past tense and not present wording.

Where I'm at it works like this.

IF you double shift you a volunteering to work, OT doesn't start till you have over 8 for the day. If you punch in on a six day that day would be all OT.

If you don't double shift and work more than 5 hr but less than 8 you would get OT for the time after 5 hr and before 8. If you went over 8 for the day OT doesn't start till the time after 8 hrs as you would be considered a FT employee for that day.

MethodsMan

Your wrong again troll. Not even close. Maybe that why you use past tense and not present wording.

IF you double shift you a volunteering to work, OT doesn't start till you have over 8 for the day. If you punch in on a six day that day would be all OT.

If you don't double shift and work more than 5 hr but less than 8 you would get OT for the time after 5 hr and before 8. If you went over 8 for the day OT doesn't start till the time after 8 hrs as you would be considered a FT employee for that day.

troll? wtf are you talking about?

On the west coast it works exactly as I described.

BMWSauber1991

troll? wtf are you talking about?

On the west coast it works exactly as I described.

Yeah I think that's how it works too. I live in Oregon and it works exactly as you described.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you went over 8 for the day OT doesn't start till the time after 8 hrs as you would be considered a FT employee for that day.

This is how it works here too. Since you seem know what you're talking about though let me ask you a question.

I'm P/T. Does cutting people by seniority apply to someone's second shift when they pull a double?
If I work my day sort, then double shift on twilight, can they cut me early on the twilight shift, before p/t twilight people with less seniority?

I feel like they're gonna say those people aren't getting more hours than me that day, so as long as I get my 8, they can cut me before them. Or they'll say that I'm considered friend/T when I double, and since I would be lowest on the friend/T list, they can cut me first.

The reason I ask is I can get 6 1/2 during peak on day sort. If I double, and they cut me at 8 hours, I don't get any OT. It kind of cancels out the extra money versus just taking the over 5 hours P/T overtime money.

Last edited: