Doubling-Down On Discipline

Doc Sorting Dude

If we leave the building late, are we going to be able to give all the managers including the SM an OLCC too? Imagine their inbox loaded with over 90+ OLCC for their performance the previous day? Or any manager related friend-ups?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If we leave the building late, are we going to be able to give all the managers including the SM an OLCC too? Imagine their inbox loaded with over 90+ OLCC for their performance the previous day? Or any manager related friend-ups?

When management has no idea of how to fix the current cluster, they revert to the only thing they really know....discipline. The way things are now, this will explode in their face because people have reached their limit of crap. When you treat adults like babies, bad things happen.

DontThrowPackages

I said friend the 60 min break ! Haa letter three baby

What's going to happen if they let go so many people that the people remaining start to leave? I guess they'll have to ask other stations to help out. It seems they want all the 15year plus vets out and replace with 20 year olds. We've had Retirements, people quit and as a result our PTers are getting more hours. Of those who quit, two were super couriers. They said, and these guys are in their 20s," We've been here for X years and no raises." They got on with the city and Ill be they'll be retiring sooner that us with a larger payout LOL. But just from the few stations represented here, I see one of the biggest tasks is trying to get every station to deliver everything without OT hours being used. Its like trying to stud a Clydesdale with a Shetland,at some point you're going to have to come up with a new plan.

El Morado Diablo

My question is are they coming down on y'all as hard as they are me?

Our recent new hire who just quit managed to rack up 2 or 3 OLCC's in the short time he was here. I think one of the reasons he quit was he was shocked by the punitive nature of FedEx culture. He thought FedEx was one of the great companies to work for with the funny commercials. I have a feeling this is going to happen more often than management thinks or hopes it will going forward.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our recent new hire who just quit managed to rack up 2 or 3 OLCC's in the short time he was here. I think one of the reasons he quit was he was shocked by the punitive nature of FedEx culture. He thought FedEx was one of the great companies to work for with the funny commercials. I have a feeling this is going to happen more often than management thinks or hopes it will going forward.

A rookie in my station has already gotten 2 or 3 OLCC's. Needless to say, he has applied at UPS. I'm sure he will be quitting very soon. One of the OLCC's was for losing a gas receipt.

thedownhillEXPRESS

My question is are they coming down on y'all as hard as they are me?

Yes.
It wouldn't surprise me if they have been given a quota to meet for terminations.
I also believe they are ramping up the hiring of part timers in order to pull all full timers off their sort positions.
Rumor has it that most of our full timers will be starting after the sort is done.

Myort

They won't be able to fire too many people before they run into a major staffing issue. With such a horrible environment as firing people, there will be just as many, if not more who will choose to walk away on their own.

MAKAVELI

They won't be able to fire too many people before they run into a major staffing issue. With such a horrible environment as firing people, there will be just as many, if not more who will choose to walk away on their own.
Contrary to what some believe there isn't a mob of people beating on the door to work here, at least at my local. Especially for part time work.

Maui

A word of advice on discipline. Fight every letter. Refuse to sign it and make another manager come witness. GFT every letter even if it is a mandatory punishment (attendance, accident, etc). Even if you lose you make it harder on management and HR. If every letter were to go through the GFT process, then they would not have the time or energy to give out so many.

The only exception I would make is if you were given a letter and could have been terminated (falsification). With GFT it is possible to get a punishment more severe if you lose badly.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

A rookie in my station has already gotten 2 or 3 OLCC's. Needless to say, he has applied at UPS. I'm sure he will be quitting very soon. One of the OLCC's was for losing a gas receipt.

They are effing brilliant, aren't they? Hire a bunch of new people to throw at the DRA disaster, and then pummel them with discipline right off the street. WOW...what a GREAT company!! As someone else said, smile, WAD, and then watch it fail miserably. Perfect...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mrfedex,I agree with you %100,but its to late to get it back.These first quarter moves tell it all.The DRA trainwreck,manditory 1 hour break
which is supposed to make us more productive.The mato where I'am at is work as directed,smile and watch it fail.

A thousand likes for what you wrote. "WAD, smile, and watch it fail". That is the essence of what it's all about right now, because it absolutely is too late to get it back. The new reality is that we just let them "lead" us into utter failure...and then see what's left over. Maybe they'll learn a lesson. My bet is that they won't learn anything.