Picking Your Pocket

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
For years we had a great Frontline host, Gina Young who did a great job and was very personable. Then she leaves and FedEx is too cheap to replace her and we got the booby prize MT3 with a never ending patter of "we need more stops per hour" "we'll be cutting routes" or "injuries will now be determined to be preventable or non-preventable."

What a lowering of standards that was.

Today's petty argument? They replaced the gal who did the monthly PR video with a black guy.

Nobody in Memphis cares about late planes. They’ve had years to fix a lot of the problems but it’s gotten far worse over time.

You don't even work for the company, but you're still keeping track of several hundred flights daily? Sounds like a great retirement.

Just kidding, I know you're not capable of keeping track of much of anything.

59 Dano

At one time I actually wanted to be a manager. I ran Saturday Ops in addition to being an RTD/Ramp Agent., and did various projects for the Ramp Senior in order to help prepare me for "leadership". So, one day I'm in his office going over reports and it's time for a conference call. I get up to leave, but he says to stay and listen but offer no input. None of the other call participants (all managers) knew I was in the room.
The call was all about injuries and was basically a session where they tried to make Non-preventable injuries "preventable". The first was a handler who had her hand smashed flat by a heavy crate that had been top loaded in an AMJ and fell directly onto her. She was scanning, and had her back to the can. PREVENTABLE. Because she should have assessed the can and "anticipated the hazard". The second case was another female who had torn her rotator cuff wrestling with a 100# box that actually weighed 158#. PREVENTABLE, They tossed this around and went into her outside activities, which included softball and golf, so the "go to" became that her injury occurred off the job and that she was lying about it. Never mind that there were several witnesses that heard a distinct crack/pop when she was trying to move the box and saw her writhing in pain. She had asked for assistance to move the box but none was available because they were short of bodies on the sort, so nobody could help.The box was directly in the way of being able to perform the sort.
That was enough for me, and I got up and left and several days later said I was dropping out of LEAP. I wouldn't be part of that level of deception and lies. BTW, when we were looking at reports the Senior was simultaneously telling me how to cook the books and get the numbers "right".
The strapless and damaged cans were common, as in they wouldn't roll because the floors were bent or the door were defective and bulged out into the sidewall of the CTV, making them very difficult to move. And, yes, having a can strap break while you were pulling on it with full force was pretty common. Rather than replace them, FedEx would tie them off in a knot on one side. We had rental trailers with NO rollers at all. Usually it was MTs, which wasn't a big deal, but sometimes they had a big forklift on the other end and would put in loaded cans if they were desperate enough for trailers. Rental trailers almost always had missing/bent rollers or weren't even secured to the floor. It was very easy to slip or trip and then have a can roll over you. PREVENTABLE.
I knew so many people over the years that had OTJ injuries that were either afraid to report them or delayed reporting them, which ensured it would be ruled "preventable" and off the job. Employees were scared to report injuries, which is the whole reason for implementing the "Non-preventable/preventable" protocol. Insurance companies know this is an absolutely effective means of driving injury numbers down falsely and was an incentive for management to lie because they were evaluated upon their injury rates.
Don't get me started on vehicle accidents because the running joke was that if your FedEx truck was hit by a meteor it would be your fault because you had failed to anticipate the hazard.
Utterly shameless. PSP in action.
Cool story, bro.

It's so nice of you to drop in every few months with yet another new story to go with the hundreds of others you've shared over the past 16 years about yet another terrible thing that happened, something so terrible that it and all the hundreds of other terrible things caused you to be so absolutely consumed with hatred that you always pretended to be on the brink of having your vast network of connections across the country begin a major disruption of operations.

But never did, and you kept coming back for more because you liked it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Cool story, bro.

It's so nice of you to drop in every few months with yet another new story to go with the hundreds of others you've shared over the past 16 years about yet another terrible thing that happened, something so terrible that it and all the hundreds of other terrible things caused you to be so absolutely consumed with hatred that you always pretended to be on the brink of having your vast network of connections across the country begin a major disruption of operations.

But never did, and you kept coming back for more because you liked it.
No, I left, after being PT for quite awhile. Yes, there are a lot of FedEx horror stories. Want some more?

AB831

We used to have a station that was side-load into curtain-side CTV. You could only get the trailer about a foot away from the decking, otherwise you couldn't get it around the 90 degree corner that exited the station without having the trailer overhang whack the dock. RTDs that weren't very skilled had about a 2-foot gap, which was sometimes angled because they couldn't get the trailer straight. The solution was to use thin aluminum plates to bridge the gap, which had no means to securely lock into the deck grating. They were also only about 2 feet wide, and a mis-step was about 5 feet straight to the concrete after bashing your head or other body part on the truck on the way down.
We had 2 people fall through and get badly injured. One sued, received a settlement, and left the company. The second, who was very badly hurt, accepted a job that was specifically created for him servicing FedEx facilities. He didn't sue. As soon as their official liability period was over for reporting an OTJ injury, they terminated this guy, who just fell off a cliff in terms of it affecting his life. Besides the life-changing aspects of his injury, he lost his home and had some other bad things happen. Last I heard, he was on the street and homeless.

All calculated. If he had only sued and gotten some justice.
Makes you wonder what line they used to keep him from lawyering up. I bet “we’re a family” was thrown in there at some point.

59 Dano

I no longer work there, son. A search of his name shows him as Executive VP of FedEx Freight. If I'm wrong, blame the internet. FedEx Freight is better off without him.
A search of the internet shows that he retired in 2022. Second result. If you're wrong, I blame you.

If you want to come in here and keep fighting you're going to have to get up to speed, sonny. You can't use your ignorance as an excuse.

AB831

A search of the internet shows that he retired in 2022. Second result. If you're wrong, I blame you.

If you want to come in here and keep fighting you're going to have to get up to speed, sonny. You can't use your ignorance as an excuse.
Retiring in 2022 is being “retired for years?”
I know you like your alternate facts, but that was only four months ago.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Back on the job trying to deflect and distort as usual. MT3 might be gone, but his legacy lives on as in he was especially hated by workers. Glad to hear you're a member of the MT3 Fan Club and follow him closely. As far as Gina Young goes, best eyes ever, and she was completely professional, much like a newscaster.
Way back when, did you know Federal Express had an Employee Newsletter? Yep. Killed, as soon as the editor said something negative about something the company was doing. Nope, you can only hear what The Unimind wants you to hear. "We are all happy. We are all content. We will all comply. All hail Dear Leader Fred".
Instead of talking about me so much. let's talk about whats happening in the Express Silo and the Ground Silo these days. I hear they're the same thing. What are you hearing? I hear that most employees are being tossed under the bus. What? They're already there? Well, I guess directly beneath the moving wheels.
I invite anyone else to come along and post some of their own personal accounts about how FedEx utterly failed to live up to PSP or even common ethical/moral standards.
And. please, share your personal stories about how Express is "not changing" right now and "everything is the same".
Happy 50th, Fred. May some karma come your way very soon.

59 Dano

Retiring in 2022 is being “retired for years?”
I know you like your alternate facts, but that was only four months ago.
Alternative facts are the truth in Opposite World.

Mr. Thornton, 64, was appointed to the Board effective November 2020. Mr. Thornton served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of FedEx Freight Corporation, a subsidiary of FedEx Corporation ("FedEx") from May 2018 until his retirement in November 2019.

Are we through here or would you like to be confused about something else?

59 Dano

Back on the job trying to deflect and distort as usual. MT3 might be gone, but his legacy lives on as in he was especially hated by workers. Glad to hear you're a member of the MT3 Fan Club and follow him closely.
If that's how you deal with being corrected in public, okay.

As far as Gina Young goes, best eyes ever, and she was completely professional, much like a newscaster.
Way back when, did you know Federal Express had an Employee Newsletter? Yep. Killed, as soon as the editor said something negative about something the company was doing. Nope, you can only hear what The Unimind wants you to hear. "We are all happy. We are all content. We will all comply. All hail Dear Leader Fred"
I didn't know the meaningless company PR fluff was so important to you.

Instead of talking about me so much. let's talk about whats happening in the Express Silo and the Ground Silo these days. I hear they're the same thing. What are you hearing? I hear that most employees are being tossed under the bus. What? They're already there? Well, I guess directly beneath the moving wheels.
I invite anyone else to come along and post some of their own personal accounts about how FedEx utterly failed to live up to PSP or even common ethical/moral standards.
And. please, share your personal stories about how Express is "not changing" right now and "everything is the same".
Happy 50th, Fred. May some karma come your way very soon.
I like how you made up this "not changing" and "everything is the same" stuff and keep repeating it over and over like it's a flex.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If that's how you deal with being corrected in public, okay.

I didn't know the meaningless company PR fluff was so important to you.

I like how you made up this "not changing" and "everything is the same" stuff and keep repeating it over and over like it's a flex.
I don't care if MT3 lives or dies, bro. When he retired is irrelevant. It's what he did when he was running the show that's important. Glad you keep such a close eye on your buddy. Once again, you deflect away from operational changes. Why is that?? Gina Young was professional. personable, and attractive, the polar opposite of the corporate tool that replaced her.
How about not fixating on me and focusing more on those "operational silos", OK?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Today's petty argument? They replaced the gal who did the monthly PR video with a black guy.
This is a perfect example of why people don't like you around here or at lots of other places too, the truth be told. Memphis must have mandatory classes for putting words in employees mouths and smartasses unlimited101.

Hopefully you'll have a sore ass real soon when they decide they don't need your meaningless 'talents' anymore and replace you with a good ol' Ground boy.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You don't even work for the company, but you're still keeping track of several hundred flights daily? Sounds like a great retirement.

Just kidding, I know you're not capable of keeping track of much of anything.
Everybody and their brother knows that FedEx planes are habitually late. You're just a bit slow to catch on.

The only thing I have trouble keeping track of is how many times a week your wife cheats on you. Now that's a mathematician's nightmare.

59 Dano

Once again, you deflect away from operational changes.
We've been talking about them for nearly a year. Why don't you count the number of posts in which I and many others are talking about it? Leave it to you to say they aren't being discussed.