dow 25000

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
5000 point raise in one year, first time in history
Careful not to confuse points with percentage. FDR and Calvin Coolidge are still the top dogs for 1st year performance:

MW-FX902_trumpD_20171108051302_NS.png

JL 0513

Right. drumpf elected about a year about has everything to do with today's market. Got it. Thanks.

It has almost everything to do with the fact Trump was elected with a majority Republican House and Senate. Investors largely operate based on future speculation. The market has reacted to the promise of tax cuts, particularly business tax cuts.

Can you say with a straight face that the market would have grown this way with a Hillary win? A person who would never entertain a business tax cut.

What's particularly remarkable about this run up is that it started when the market was already high, not after a crash where a normal speedy recovery occurs.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It has almost everything to do with the fact Trump was elected with a majority Republican House and Senate. Investors largely operate based on future speculation. The market has reacted to the promise of tax cuts, particularly business tax cuts.

Can you say with a straight face that the market would have grown this way with a Hillary win? A person who would never entertain a business tax cut.

What's particularly remarkable about this run up is that it started when the market was already high, not after a crash where a normal speedy recovery occurs.
considering every predicted it would crash and burn

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You're missing the point (get it?). The percentage increase/decrease is the actual measure of performance, not the point increase/decrease.
i posted the article, 5000 points in one year has never happened in history. If i was talking percentage i would say percentage.