dow 25000

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
i posted the article, 5000 points in one year has never happened in history. If i was talking percentage i would say percentage.
If you're comparing this to other years it's the percentage that matters, not the raw points. A 50 point gain under Calvin Coolidge was actually twice as much as the 5000 point gain we just had under Trump. I'm not sure why you aren't getting this.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
If you're comparing this to other years it's the percentage that matters, not the raw points. A 50 point gain under Calvin Coolidge was actually twice as much as the 5000 point gain we just had under Trump. I'm not sure why you aren't getting this.
because im telling you what the article said, and im not comparing anything, you are comparing. Im making a statement from an article. 5000 points in one year and it has never happened.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
because im telling you what the article said, and im not comparing anything, you are comparing. Im making a statement from an article. 5000 points in one year and it has never happened.
Comparison is the whole point, which is why you keep saying that "it has never happened before". You're comparing stock market performance in Trumps 1st year to all the previous presidents.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Comparison is the whole point, which is why you keep saying that "it has never happened before".
um the article and the news channels have said the same thing, 5000 points in one year has never happened. liberal and conservative business channels. There is no comparison, just a statement. Just like 70 record closes in one year. History is happening

JL 0513

It's just like comparing movie earnings. Every year there's new dollar records and these announcements render the old movies that actually sold a lot more tickets as "beaten". All the "biggest movies of all time" are from recent years. Except that many of them aren't the biggest movies of all time.

The biggest movies (domestically) are Gone With the Wind, Star Wars, The Sound of Music, Jaws, E.T., etc...

In dollars, this weekend's The Last Jedi has already made more than Gone with the Wind's entire run, in less than 4 days. So one must always adjust for inflation but the headlines each year declare new "records".

The Driver

I drive.
confident.gif