dow 26000

Box Ox

But now the sky is falling

What do you think will happen here if mass quarantines are announced across the US?

Leaked coronavirus plan to quarantine 16m sparks chaos in Italy

"Italy experienced its highest day-on-day rise in deaths from coronavirus on Sunday and was plunged into chaos after details of a plan to quarantine more than 16 million people were leaked to the press, sending thousands into panic as they tried to flee.

The whole of Lombardy, including its financial capital of Milan, and 14 provinces across the worst-affected northern regions, have been shut down until 3 April as Italy grapples to contain the spread of a virus as deaths rose from 233 to 366, a rise of more than 50% in 24 hours, with 6,387 current cases overall.

Thousands crowded train stations or jumped into their cars after details of a draft decree banning people from leaving or entering the region were revealed by Corriere della Sera late on Saturday afternoon.

On Sunday morning dozens of police officers and medics wearing masks and hazmat suits waited in Salerno, Campania, for passengers who had boarded overnight trains from Lombardy as fears mount over the virus’s potential spread to the south.

“What happened with the news leak has caused many people to try to escape, causing the opposite effect of what the decree is trying to achieve,” warned Roberto Burioni, a professor of microbiology and virology at the Vita-Salute San Raffaele University in Milan. “Unfortunately some of those who fled will be infected with the disease.”

What do you think will happen here if mass quarantines are announced across the US?

Leaked coronavirus plan to quarantine 16m sparks chaos in Italy

"Italy experienced its highest day-on-day rise in deaths from coronavirus on Sunday and was plunged into chaos after details of a plan to quarantine more than 16 million people were leaked to the press, sending thousands into panic as they tried to flee.

The whole of Lombardy, including its financial capital of Milan, and 14 provinces across the worst-affected northern regions, have been shut down until 3 April as Italy grapples to contain the spread of a virus as deaths rose from 233 to 366, a rise of more than 50% in 24 hours, with 6,387 current cases overall.

Thousands crowded train stations or jumped into their cars after details of a draft decree banning people from leaving or entering the region were revealed by Corriere della Sera late on Saturday afternoon.

On Sunday morning dozens of police officers and medics wearing masks and hazmat suits waited in Salerno, Campania, for passengers who had boarded overnight trains from Lombardy as fears mount over the virus’s potential spread to the south.

“What happened with the news leak has caused many people to try to escape, causing the opposite effect of what the decree is trying to achieve,” warned Roberto Burioni, a professor of microbiology and virology at the Vita-Salute San Raffaele University in Milan. “Unfortunately some of those who fled will be infected with the disease.”
This will pass

floridays

This thread started on January 4th 2018, when the DOW crossed 25,000 for the first time. Twenty six months later we have DOW futures at 24,700. A dividend only 2 plus years for those who contribute to a buy and hold 401k.
Nice statement, exactly what is your point, if you have one?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
This thread started on January 4th 2018, when the DOW crossed 25,000 for the first time. Twenty six months later we have DOW futures at 24,700. A dividend only 2 plus years for those who contribute to a buy and hold 401k.
Sometimes it is better to not say anything rather than confirming your ignorance.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It is what it will end up being.

We’ll see.
I've got a 4 year window on needing any of my investments.
I feel pretty good about my investments ... assuming I don't die from COVID-19.
BTW - Just picked up a 350 Watt Ampeg Bass Amp and a Mesa Boogie 410 Bass cab for $250. SWEET!!!

31HRBEw%2BYlL._SY355_.jpg

4x10_powerhouse_fr.jpg

Last edited:

BrownArmy

BTW - Just picked up a 350 Watt Ampeg Bass Amp and a Mesa Boogie 410 Bass cab for $250. SWEET!!!

SWEET.

That’s a good deal, assuming everything works.

Do you have a bass?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Sweet!
I do have a bass - 5 string Jackson JS3Q Spectra V Alien Burst with enhanced electronics - exposed soapbox humbuckers with split coil.
Picked up used for $300 including a used TKL bass case ... looks new, he never really played, stayed under bed in case.
I think he had it for about a year.
I figured I'd learn to play a 5-string from the beginning so I could stayed away from the 1, 2 & 3 frets. (Old motorcycle injury limits my left arm extension)

Marketing Blurb:

The Jackson® JS Series Spectra Bass JS3QV is an all-new 5-string leviathan instrument where versatile style and enormous sound collide.

The brand-new offset body style was designed with the artist in mind. The poplar body with quilt maple top features a large upper horn that evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument, providing perfect balance by reducing neck dive for hours of comfortable playing. A graphite-reinforced bolt-on maple neck with scarf joint design provides rock-solid reliability, while the speed neck contour and 12"-16" compound radius laurel fingerboard (with 24 frets) make for lightning-fast playability.

The Spectra Bass JS3QV provides a sound that is as unique as the bassist playing it. Whether it be funk, hard rock or gospel, dual passive Jackson medium-output humbucking pickups create a monstrous low-end growl, while a HiMass™ bridge provides enhanced stability, improved sustain and bolder tone. Tone can be further refined and tweaked with a two-way toggle switch for pickup coil splitting, 3-band EQ (active only), blend control and volume control (with push/pull selector to bypass or engage the active circuit for the 3-band EQ). With the push/pull selector, you’ll never have to fear a battery running out and losing sound. A quick pull on the volume knob will bypass the active circuit, making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power.

upload_2020-3-8_21-37-2.png

Last edited:

floridays

31HRBEw%2BYlL._SY355_.jpg

4x10_powerhouse_fr.jpg
I'm proposing a service contract.
I offer a negro and lantern service at the terminus of your driveway or motor path to your mansion.

Plain English,
Lawn Jockey Service offered, it will cost you Whitey

Your friend
Floridays

A smile with a gap

floridays

Sweet!
I do have a bass - 5 string Jackson JS3Q Spectra V Alien Burst with enhanced electronics - exposed soapbox humbuckers with split coil.
Picked up used for $300 including a used TKL bass case ... looks new, he never really played, stayed under bed in case.
I figured I'd learn to play a 5-string from the beginning so I could stayed away from the 1, 2 & 3 frets.

Marketing Blurb:

The Jackson® JS Series Spectra Bass JS3QV is an all-new 5-string leviathan instrument where versatile style and enormous sound collide.

The brand-new offset body style was designed with the artist in mind. The poplar body with quilt maple top features a large upper horn that evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument, providing perfect balance by reducing neck dive for hours of comfortable playing. A graphite-reinforced bolt-on maple neck with scarf joint design provides rock-solid reliability, while the speed neck contour and 12"-16" compound radius laurel fingerboard (with 24 frets) make for lightning-fast playability.

The Spectra Bass JS3QV provides a sound that is as unique as the bassist playing it. Whether it be funk, hard rock or gospel, dual passive Jackson medium-output humbucking pickups create a monstrous low-end growl, while a HiMass™ bridge provides enhanced stability, improved sustain and bolder tone. Tone can be further refined and tweaked with a two-way toggle switch for pickup coil splitting, 3-band EQ (active only), blend control and volume control (with push/pull selector to bypass or engage the active circuit for the 3-band EQ). With the push/pull selector, you’ll never have to fear a battery running out and losing sound. A quick pull on the volume knob will bypass the active circuit, making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power.

View attachment 285668
Can you play?

BrownArmy

Sweet!
I figured I'd learn to play a 5-string from the beginning so I could stayed away from the 1, 2 & 3 frets. (Old motorcycle injury limits my left arm extension)

Marketing Blurb:

View attachment 285668

Nice bass!

But, as long as you have two working fingers on your left hand, and two on your right, you can play basically anything.

Helps to have four engaged fingers (and two thumbs) on each hand, but get by with what you got.

Box Ox

Oil price crash going on right now too. Not good for US energy companies who have big debts coming due within the next 2 years.

Putin just sparked an oil price war with Saudi Arabia — and US energy companies may be the victims

“Vladimir Putin just sparked what could end up being one of the ugliest oil price wars in modern history, and American oil and gas companies may be the victims.

This weekend Saudi Arabia dropped the oil bomb. It not only cut its forward crude price to Chinese customers by as much as $6 or $7 per barrel, but is also reportedly looking to raise its daily crude output by as many as 2 million barrels per day into an already oversupplied global market. Look out below.”

“Debt is the problem. The U.S. oil and gas industry has about $86 billion of rated debt due in the next four years, according to Moody's. Nearly all of that debt is either junk rated, or rated just above junk. Fifty-seven percent of that is due in just the next two years. As oil prices fall and credit markets tighten, many companies won't be able to refinance their debts or extend maturities.

Time is the only friend many companies now have. Most energy debt isn't due until 2022, so some producers may be able to hang on, hoping for a turn. But if a turn doesn't come, it will be brutal.”