dow 27000

BrownArmy

disappointed stock markets didnt fall more today. its gonna be an interesting 10 years bare minimum for politics and economy.

The 'Stock Market' isn't the actual economy.

In your fervor of hatred for 'the man', or 'the economy', you want 'teh' stock market to fail.

Two separate things.

Sure, but market performance is directly related to the economy's performance.
No.... it’s a future indicator (6-12 months out) of what a companies performance will be. Which is why you get knee jerk reactions over news. And why bad news (fed cutting interest rates) is good news for companies.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No.... it’s a future indicator (6-12 months out) of what a companies performance will be. Which is why you get knee jerk reactions over news. And why bad news (fed cutting interest rates) is good news for companies.
You're agreeing with me whether you realize it or not. Carry on.

You're agreeing with me whether you realize it or not. Carry on.
12Cx22zwtQfHnq.gif

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Source is WAPO (Catherine Rampell) on Twitter and I find nothing wrong with the chart as presented.
To quote @BrownArmy, the market is not the economy.
BTW, the chart doesn't tell the story as well as it could.
If you take the velocity of change, it favors Obama even more.
However, Apples to Oranges due to the Great Recession and other variables. Definitely a "cherry Picking" of span of comparison.
The market was in shambles when Obama took over. There was nowhere for the market to go but up
The market was in good shape when Trump took over. Many DIMwits thought the market would go down.

As it stands right now though, this comparison is fair just looking at trends.

However, if you took it back by 3 months, Trump would look as good as Obama. 3 Months from now, Trump could be back on top.

Last edited: