dow 27000

Box Ox

And as President, he legally absolved himself of any involvement in his business and even the use of his brand "Trump".
Trump has no say-so in the running or decisions in the businesses he had before becoming President.
I know you are smarter than this!

Guess we'll find out where the evidence leads.

Subpoenas Coming Soon In Trump Emoluments Lawsuit

"The attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia are preparing to move forward with subpoenas for President Trump's businesses in their lawsuit alleging he is in violation of the U.S. Constitution's emoluments clauses.

U.S. District Court Judge Peter J. Messitte gave the order for discovery in the case to proceed to D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine and Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh, who have accused Trump of illegally profiting off the presidency. The list of subpoena targets will be released on Tuesday.

"We will now serve subpoenas to third-party organizations and federal agencies to gather the necessary evidence to prove that President Trump is violating the Constitution's emoluments clauses — our nation's original anti-corruption laws," Racine said in a statement.

The lawsuit has zeroed in on the Trump International Hotel, only blocks from the White House, and whether the president has profited from both foreign and state government spending at the hotel.

There have been questions about Trump's legal and business entanglements since he took office, which have been compounded by his refusal to release his personal tax returns and hesitation to sever ties with his business empire.

The Trump hotel is the Old Post Office building and is leased from the federal government. The lease with the General Services Administration explicitly says that no elected official of the government of the United States may hold that lease.

Last month, Messite agreed that the lawsuit against Trump could go ahead, marking the first time an emoluments case has ever gone to trial in U.S. history. Trump and the Justice Department had requested a stay.

Democratic lawmakers are also pursuing an emoluments lawsuit against the president, arguing that his hotels and other businesses profit from spending by foreign governments who are trying to curry favor with the Trump administration."

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I remember all the stuff democrats and never trumpers did so trump did not get elected. Good thing they are still trying to do it right

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Guess we'll find out where the evidence leads.

Subpoenas Coming Soon In Trump Emoluments Lawsuit

"The attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia are preparing to move forward with subpoenas for President Trump's businesses in their lawsuit alleging he is in violation of the U.S. Constitution's emoluments clauses.

U.S. District Court Judge Peter J. Messitte gave the order for discovery in the case to proceed to D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine and Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh, who have accused Trump of illegally profiting off the presidency. The list of subpoena targets will be released on Tuesday.

"We will now serve subpoenas to third-party organizations and federal agencies to gather the necessary evidence to prove that President Trump is violating the Constitution's emoluments clauses — our nation's original anti-corruption laws," Racine said in a statement.

The lawsuit has zeroed in on the Trump International Hotel, only blocks from the White House, and whether the president has profited from both foreign and state government spending at the hotel.

There have been questions about Trump's legal and business entanglements since he took office, which have been compounded by his refusal to release his personal tax returns and hesitation to sever ties with his business empire.

The Trump hotel is the Old Post Office building and is leased from the federal government. The lease with the General Services Administration explicitly says that no elected official of the government of the United States may hold that lease.

Last month, Messite agreed that the lawsuit against Trump could go ahead, marking the first time an emoluments case has ever gone to trial in U.S. history. Trump and the Justice Department had requested a stay.

Democratic lawmakers are also pursuing an emoluments lawsuit against the president, arguing that his hotels and other businesses profit from spending by foreign governments who are trying to curry favor with the Trump administration."
A sitting Prez can’t be prosecuted except by Congress.
The Dimwits will not care after Trump is out of office in 2025.
LOL

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The inversion is caused at this time by the pressure of continuing interest rate raises by the Fed along with the uncertainty regarding trade/tariff talks and subsequent agreements between USA and China.
Look at the first derivative values of the yield curves ... it contradicts the inversion. The market concerns are not backed by the actual fundamentals.
The underlying assumption is that if the 3 year or 5 year yield rate is higher than the 10-yr Treasury bill yield, then a recession is imminent.
However, there is only a 20% chance prediction of a recession within the next year by analysts.
Hedge Funds are pushing the recession story to increase investments in their products.
Also, self-fulfilling predictions of a recession can cause artificial downward pressure on the market.
Looking at one indicator and ignoring causal drivers is a flawed approach.

The equity market is overpriced IMO so I see a settling of the S&P P/E ratios into a 16 to 18 range ... down from highs in the upper 20's and the current 22%.
Volatility will rule over the next 2 years ... I focus on my life and not my stocks.
My investment strategy remains the same regardless ... trying to time the market is a losing proposition.
I have been doing more research on the market and the Treasury yield curves ... in contrast with the 10 year/2 year spread, the difference in the 10-year and 3-month Treasury rate, which has been a more reliable predictor of recessions; it currently has a spread of about 50 basis points, which is not a worrisome level historically. Moreover, even when the yield curve does invert, there have often been long and varying lead times before a recession, on average well over a year; in the interim, stocks have averaged double-digit gains.
Notably, the yield curve was also relatively flat during the strong economic environment from 1995 to 2000.

I state again, I focus on my life and not my stocks. I have been investing since the early 90's and my observation is, the markets go up and the markets go down but over the long run, the market trends upward.
Spend some time reading Jeremy Siegel's books on the stock market and above all else, don't try and time the market.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have been doing more research on the market and the Treasury yield curves ... in contrast with the 10 year/2 year spread, the difference in the 10-year and 3-month Treasury rate, which has been a more reliable predictor of recessions; it currently has a spread of about 50 basis points, which is not a worrisome level historically. Moreover, even when the yield curve does invert, there have often been long and varying lead times before a recession, on average well over a year; in the interim, stocks have averaged double-digit gains.
Notably, the yield curve was also relatively flat during the strong economic environment from 1995 to 2000.

I state again, I focus on my life and not my stocks. I have been investing since the early 90's and my observation is, the markets go up and the markets go down but over the long run, the market trends upward.
Spend some time reading Jeremy Siegel's books on the stock market and above all else, don't try and time the market.

Invest for the long term and don't sweat the periodic swings.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

LMAO, like you have any clue what you're talking about!
Lulz!!!

Thanks for the laugh.