dow 27000

newfie

I see your logic. As long as he screws over the other guy and not you Trump will remain your monarch hero. I saw some estimates the other day that said that Trump tariffs will cost the average American household $ 800 per year. If proven accurate it will depending on taxable income wipe out the few dollars in tax savings his tax cut bill provided while Treasury borrowing continues to grow.

You didn't answer the question. Is your solution to cave and let the Chinese continue to screw us?

bacha29

You didn't answer the question. Is your solution to cave and let the Chinese continue to screw us?
You didn't answer my question Why should certain segments of the economy made to suffer egregiously for an indefinite period of time at the hands of a narcissistic monarch president's game of one upmanship against an autocratic president for life who will still be there long after his US adversary is gone while other segments of the US economy experiences little to no hardship whatsoever?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Coming from a guy who was too cheap and or too irresponsible to buy health insurance but needed the same provider rates negotiated by Obamacare supported insurance pools in order to find a way to pay his own hospital bills......LMAO.
Good example ... If one cannot argue the point, attack the person.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You say that like it is bad?
Actually "No" ... It's just that it is against the TOS.

6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Actually "No" ... It's just that it is against the TOS.

6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

Oh, yeah?
Well you're just stupid

It will be fine

When you go shopping and get a good deal do you think the seller is screwing you? We buy stuff from China because it’s cheap, it’s pretty convoluted “logic” to equate that as getting screwed.

newfie

You didn't answer my question Why should certain segments of the economy made to suffer egregiously for an indefinite period of time at the hands of a narcissistic monarch president's game of one upmanship against an autocratic president for life who will still be there long after his US adversary is gone while other segments of the US economy experiences little to no hardship whatsoever?

actually we're doing what other countries have done to us. we're subsiding the industries such as the farming industry until this is resolved. but yes i think at some point we have to challenge china or face a time when their trade policies affect and hurt all industries here.
the other side to that is you're ignoring that china's trade policies have already been hurting many industries here.

now then i hope you have found my answer and you will directly answer my question. what is your solution since you're so much smarter on trade then trump to fix the china cheating on trade/ and devaluing their currencty / copying and infringing on our patents issues.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
When you go shopping and get a good deal do you think the seller is screwing you? We buy stuff from China because it’s cheap, it’s pretty convoluted “logic” to equate that as getting screwed.
I guess your under logic we should just sit on our hands and do nothing.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
We are suppose to forgive our sinners .

• The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future. ...
from Oscar Wilde's play A Woman of No Importance ... Of course, this saying is coming from Illingworth, the villain of the play.

This quote is all about the good and bad of humanity, and how, as humans, we can never totally escape either. The past of the saint in the quote is implied to be a bad past, a past marked with sin. Likewise, the future of the sinner is implied to be a good future, filled with redemption.

One person cannot entirely be a saint or a sinner, at least not over the course of an entire lifetime. So maybe it's just some wishful thinking as his sinful past definitely isn't going to get any better.

In any case, you're likely to hear this one from the hard partier who wants to justify his ways. Or perhaps the questionable decision-maker who believes that the end justifies the means.