dow 27000

newfie

You think so Bud? Then how come the stocks of US Steel and NuCor are at 52 week lows and you never hear anybody talking much about a Dow at 27,000?

Did you see all steel factories opening up bud?

Did you read any industry analysis or did you simply cherry pick one stock number during a down phase to make your argument?

bacha29

Did you see all steel factories opening up bud?

Did you read any industry analysis or did you simply cherry pick one stock number during a down phase to make your argument?
NYSE Steel Index Trading Economics.com Fast Markets.com Right now the tariffs are helping them but they can and likely will eventually be lifted.

newfie

NYSE Steel Index Trading Economics.com Fast Markets.com Right now the tariffs are helping them but they can and likely will eventually be lifted.

you keep trying to limit your scope to make a negative argument . we all discussed this last year when he first imposed the tariffs.

steel and aluminum were in a resurgence at the time we imposed the tariffs not only here but world wide. it was the perfect time for him to impose the tariffs and allowed American companies to become more competitive and capture a bigger piece of the overall market. The timing for the tariffs has been excellent. obviously Trump couldn't do it during a recession. So you drop the taxe rate on americans and kick start the sagging economy you then impose the tariffs while you renegotiate old outdated trade agreements and voila the roaring American economy we have here.

we discussed all this when they were imposed in detail . you're kinda walking in late on this conversation , uninformed at that.

bacha29

you keep trying to limit your scope to make a negative argument . we all discussed this last year when he first imposed the tariffs.

steel and aluminum were in a resurgence at the time we imposed the tariffs not only here but world wide. it was the perfect time for him to impose the tariffs and allowed American companies to become more competitive and capture a bigger piece of the overall market. The timing for the tariffs has been excellent. obviously Trump couldn't do it during a recession. So you drop the taxe rate on americans and kick start the sagging economy you then impose the tariffs while you renegotiate old outdated trade agreements and voila the roaring American economy we have here.

we discussed all this when they were imposed in detail . you're kinda walking in late on this conversation , uninformed at that.
The market is telling us something different.

People far more qualified than you and I are saying that things are going to slow down perhaps quite a bit and the indexes are offering up data that seems to back it up.
Unemployment is low and companies are making record profits. Lots of things going on right now and Wall Street doesn't like uncertainty. Just stay the course. The sky isn't falling

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
chicken or the egg
There are many instances of market corrections during thriving economies.

Also the market made a much quicker recovery than the economy itself this last go round. Companies had an easy excuse to cut cost and so many people were looking for jobs labor was cheap.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
People far more qualified than you and I are saying that things are going to slow down perhaps quite a bit and the indexes are offering up data that seems to back it up.
Maybe things are bound to slow down because we’ve had growth that hasn’t been seen in a long time. We’re also in one on the longest periods ever without a slow down.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to predict a recession at this point. The odds are in their favor.

bacha29

There are many instances of market corrections during thriving economies.

Also the market made a much quicker recovery than the economy itself this last go round. Companies had an easy excuse to cut cost and so many people were looking for jobs labor was cheap.
Just reaffirms what I said. The market is a forecast of future economic activity. The market moved out ahead of the Great Recession because it could foresee improved economic activity and earnings.

newfie

Just reaffirms what I said. The market is a forecast of future economic activity. The market moved out ahead of the Great Recession because it could foresee improved economic activity and earnings.

so using your example when the market took a big dip in december what did it tell you?