dow 27000

newfie

It's a sad day in America when you take the senses and can't ask people if they're illegal citizen

for some reason the libs like to remind us how much more welcoming we were to immigrants 100 years ago but dont want us to remind them that we used to ask all those questions on the census then.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
for some reason the libs like to remind us how much more welcoming we were to immigrants 100 years ago but dont want us to remind them that we used to ask all those questions on the census then.
Actually, 100 years ago we shut down everything tight. The time after that was a period of assimilation.

Box Ox

Oh come on, everything goes in cycles. The smart money always moves out of the market before a downturn then buys back in at cheaper prices.

If only the Republicans had sold the $1.5 trillion unfunded tax cut to the public that way, eh? "We're giving corporations and the wealthy this money so they can buy into the market at cheaper prices after the next downturn!"

From January:

$1.5 trillion tax cut had no major impact on business spending

"The Trump administration's $1.5 trillion tax cut package appeared to have no major impact on businesses' capital investment or hiring plans, according to a survey released a year after the biggest overhaul of the tax code in more than 30 years.

The National Association of Business Economics' quarterly business conditions poll, published on Monday, found that while some companies reported accelerating investments because of lower corporate taxes, 84 percent of respondents said they had not changed plans. That compares to 81 percent in the previous survey published in October.

The White House had predicted that the massive fiscal stimulus package, marked by the reduction in the corporate tax rate to 21 percent from 35 percent, would boost business spending and job growth. The tax cuts came into effect in January 2018.

"A large majority of respondents, 84 percent, indicate that one year after its passage, the corporate tax reform has not caused their firms to change hiring or investment plans," said NABE President Kevin Swift."

vantexan

If only the Republicans had sold the $1.5 trillion tax cut to the public that way, eh? "We're giving corporations and the wealthy this money so they can buy into the market at cheaper prices after the next downturn!"

From January:

$1.5 trillion tax cut had no major impact on business spending

"The Trump administration's $1.5 trillion tax cut package appeared to have no major impact on businesses' capital investment or hiring plans, according to a survey released a year after the biggest overhaul of the tax code in more than 30 years.

The National Association of Business Economics' quarterly business conditions poll, published on Monday, found that while some companies reported accelerating investments because of lower corporate taxes, 84 percent of respondents said they had not changed plans. That compares to 81 percent in the previous survey published in October.

The White House had predicted that the massive fiscal stimulus package, marked by the reduction in the corporate tax rate to 21 percent from 35 percent, would boost business spending and job growth. The tax cuts came into effect in January 2018.

"A large majority of respondents, 84 percent, indicate that one year after its passage, the corporate tax reform has not caused their firms to change hiring or investment plans," said NABE President Kevin Swift."
Maybe so, but the opportunity to keep more of their profits, as well as putting more money into consumers' hands, has I think been very positive for the economy. If Trump loses, and taxes are raised, do you think it won't have a negative effect on the economy? The job I'm doing now, expediting much needed freight, mostly factory to factory, will most likely slow way down. If so I'll have to get a job locally with Amazon or some such, assuming they'll be hiring. If the Republicans win back the House, but lose the presidency, things may continue to go on as now. I certainly hope so.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I thought that tax cut they got was going to be reinvested to grow the economy!
They are buying real estate according to the article. Sounds to me like they are waiting for a correction, then getting back in?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
stock market is down because china is devaluing their currency more and people dont want a long term trade war with china.