dow 27000

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
401(k) investors: Is Dow 26,000 a sign that stocks are getting risky?

"In the latest week, $24.4 billion in new cash flowed into stock funds, the sixth-largest amount on record and a "blockbuster" level, according to Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

Main Street investors, who have been on the sidelines for most of the nine-year bull run after getting burned in the last market crash in 2008-09, are turning more optimistic. Last week, the number of individual investors who said they were "bullish" jumped to nearly 60%, the highest reading in more than seven years, according to the American Association of Individual Investors."

It's kind of amazon how dumb the general public is. Been sitting on the sidelines for a decade and have missed out on 400% growth since the bottom but now is when they decide to jump in.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Been sitting on the sidelines for a decade and have missed out on 400% growth since the bottom but now is when they decide to jump in.
Sad thing is a lot of the money being pumped in that's sustaining market growth is from millennials/genXers who are just now making enough money to start saving. Generation is screwed.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Sad thing is a lot of the money being pumped in that's sustaining market growth is from millennials/genXers who are just now making enough money to start saving. Generation is screwed.
Markets seemed way to high in 2000 also. Looking back it was peanuts compared to now. Buffet sees 100,000 Dow as a possibility.

Brownslave688

Nah they are plenty young enough. Keep pumping the money in and they'll be getting stocks at a big discount for awhile.

Brownslave688

That thing that you get a disproportionate boost on, because the new tax plan favors capital over workers.

You have to wonder if Trump realizes he’s screwing over his base.

Oh well.
Putting more money in ones pocket is screwing them over. People crack me up

moreluck

golden ticket member
That thing that you get a disproportionate boost on, because the new tax plan favors capital over workers.

You have to wonder if Trump realizes he’s screwing over his base.

Oh well.
I haven't receive a refund in years......my taxes are double what they were the year before.......the rich are not "making out" like the Dems are saying. I like the new tax laws because of the market!!

Brownslave688

So, the peons get $1000 or so, depending, and the 1% get millions?

OK, that’s parity for ya!
If you give someone that pays 10k a year in taxes a 10% tax cut that puts 1000 in their pocket. Give someone that makes 100 million a year a 1% tax cut and that puts a million in their pocket.

You understand the math here right?

There are certainly arguments to be made against the tax plan. Mainly how in the hell will it be paid for but arguing that people got screwed over by getting to keep more of their take home pay is laughable

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you give someone that pays 10k a year in taxes a 10% tax cut that puts 1000 in their pocket. Give someone that makes 100 million a year a 1% tax cut and that puts a million in their pocket.
Well that's cool, but fact is percentage wise, higher income earners are going to see a greater drop in tax rate than low to middle class earners.