DR Audits

Packmule

Nobody in my building worries about putting anything out of sight. Weather a much bigger concern, but still a problem because of size sometimes.
Still I firmly believe our having a package for a private home does not constitute our right to commit home invasion. If I've not been authorized by customer to do otherwise, stuff goes right on front porch. I'm also not scaling the retaining wall to get to the back door.
Our building rarely gets follow ups unless someone mis delivers the pkg.

FilingBluesFL

Works for me.....

fedexdelivery.jpg

Marne Vet

Nobody in my building worries about putting anything out of sight. Weather a much bigger concern, but still a problem because of size sometimes.
Still I firmly believe our having a package for a private home does not constitute our right to commit home invasion. If I've not been authorized by customer to do otherwise, stuff goes right on front porch. I'm also not scaling the retaining wall to get to the back door.
Our building rarely gets follow ups unless someone mis delivers the pkg.

I don't climb the wall. I just walk through the gate. Work smarter, not harder.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
With the increase in the size of packages I just wish they would larger DR bags. It would also be great to have opaque bags so people couldn't what is inside. That would be great during peak when delivering toys.

DougHeffernan

It's called DRIVER Release. Not Supervisor, OMS or Customer release but Driver Release. I will decide if I think the package will be safe. Besides how do we know the value of pkg contents. It says we're responsible for packages valued over $150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Safe from pets is part of DR methods.

No, It isn't.

I'm looking at the 340 Methods RIGHT now. I would copy and paste it now if i could, but I am not allowed.

Release the package to a place:

1. Out of sight of the passing public and neighbors

2. Protected from inclement weather. (Use the approved Driver release bags to protect packages from inclement weather)

3. Consistent with the customer's preference.

4. Easy for the customer to find

Nowhere in there does it mention annoying dogs who will start tearing into the box the second you put it on the ground.

JL 0513

I deliver on Cape Cod and 98% of areas is DR. A majority of deliveries are visible from street. I never get follow ups. Helps to deliver where civilized human beings who respect other people's property live.

oldngray

nowhere special
No, It isn't.

I'm looking at the 340 Methods RIGHT now. I would copy and paste it now if i could, but I am not allowed.

Release the package to a place:

1. Out of sight of the passing public and neighbors

2. Protected from inclement weather. (Use the approved Driver release bags to protect packages from inclement weather)

3. Consistent with the customer's preference.

4. Easy for the customer to find

Nowhere in there does it mention annoying dogs who will start tearing into the box the second you put it on the ground.

Unless they changed it there are 3 requirements - out of sight, out of weather, and safe from pets. Easy to find and customer preference aren't in methods.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Unless they changed it there are 3 requirements - out of sight, out of weather, and safe from pets. Easy to find and customer preference aren't in methods.

Ok, I was typing WORD for WORD from the UPS 340 methods, but yeah, you're right.[Sarcasm] The 4 requirements are what I typed.

I have released over a fence to a house where the dog tore the crap out of the box nearly the instant I put it down, no complaints came in for me.

oldngray

nowhere special
Ok, I was typing WORD for WORD from the UPS 340 methods, but yeah, you're right.[Sarcasm] The 4 requirements are what I typed.

I have released over a fence to a house where the dog tore the crap out of the box nearly the instant I put it down, no complaints came in for me.

Times a dog jumped me in back yard I would jettison the package and let dog have it but those weren't methods. I drove when driver release was first introduced and those were the methods then and I never heard of them changing.