DRA is it true?...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What successful Fortune 500 company rolls out an unproven and buggy system across the board and survives?
That type of management has taken down many a company.

UPS.

I wish it were an exaggeration.

If it took a 50% increase in employees to handle a 15% increase in freight, the metrics (SPH, onroad hours, stem times, PFTE, budgeted hours, and so forth) would be in such horrible, horrible shape that FedEx would be firing people involved with that station left and right. Couriers, managers, engineers, seniors, and as far up as they needed.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
UPS.

If it took a 50% increase in employees to handle a 15% increase in freight, the metrics (SPH, onroad hours, stem times, PFTE, budgeted hours, and so forth) would be in such horrible, horrible shape that FedEx would be firing people involved with that station left and right. Couriers, managers, engineers, seniors, and as far up as they needed.
Obvious from your posts that you are one of those who worked from, and never left, a windowless office.

I recognize, and support, the goal of making the delivery process as efficient as possible. Effective management with courier involvement could have solved the problem without the fiasco (or expense) that is DRA. FedEx doesn't know how to train qualified managers. They want a warm body to relay orders from Memphis. DRA only makes sense, the way it is currently being implemented, to eliminate both couriers and frontline managers. Automation.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Here's a little secret about working without DRA. You get your first package and put it on your shelf in your truck. You get your second package and it either goes before or after that first one. You get your third one, and it goes before the other two, after the other two, or between them. Repeat until there are no more packages to sort.

There are many scenarios where it works wonderfully, and that's where it will remain.
Oh you mean STATION 1 (Fantasyland.)

outtatime

DRA is simply a TOOL to help some people with their job. Where does any FedEx rule or policy say you have to do the stops in numerical order? Do you want to do them stop-for-stop in numerical order? Or do them the best way you think they should? Great, do it either way. One of the best aspects of the system is they are loaded in the truck in a way anyone can understand, and find rather quickly.

Cactus

Sounds like you have been there. Kinda tells us a lot.
Never have, never will. I've seen enough of it from past company videos like the kind where they spend 3 hours to sort two crates of documents.

Maybe that's where your FO shift was created. Does your route go out to the boundaries of the station parking lot?

Oldfart

Never have, never will. I've seen enough of it from past company videos like the kind where they spend 3 hours to sort two crates of documents.

Maybe that's where your FO shift was created. Does your route go out to the boundaries of the station parking lot?
I go 2 blocks in every direction from the station. The best thing is, I get full benefits and work 10 or so hrs a week. Even better, Ms Cactus is green with envy. Sweet

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
DRA is simply a TOOL to help some people with their job. Where does any FedEx rule or policy say you have to do the stops in numerical order? Do you want to do them stop-for-stop in numerical order? Or do them the best way you think they should? Great, do it either way. One of the best aspects of the system is they are loaded in the truck in a way anyone can understand, and find rather quickly.
DRA is meant to replace Courier Knowledge with Computer Analytics. You tear a process down to its simplest form, and rebuild it, eliminating and streamlining that process.
Corporate believes in doing so, you can replace the Courier with a Courier Monkey, which will work for bananas.

It's not about improving the Courier, it's about replacing them with cheaper models. They had a Manager+Courier Improvement Model that they jettisoned for DRA.

Cactus

I go 2 blocks in every direction from the station. The best thing is, I get full benefits and work 10 or so hrs a week. Even better, Ms Cactus is green with envy. Sweet
Green with envy, huh? Hardly.

I had the balls to retire whereas you don't. If you wanna be in a FedEx uniform on your 82nd birthday, well I guess that's up to you but you're sure gonna look as stupid as you act.

!Retired!

Where does any FedEx rule or policy say you have to do the stops in numerical order?
For now. I caught our DM's ear and he told me bout the turn by turn directions we'll have to follow. It will route you based on the packages you van. But, it will not readjust the route if you deviate.

Oldfart

Green with envy, huh? Hardly.

I had the balls to retire whereas you don't. If you wanna be in a FedEx uniform on your 82nd birthday, well I guess that's up to you but you're sure gonna look as stupid as you act.
LOL

You have made numerous posts about me losing the rt, the MD not approving the route, how someone in Memphis would make them take the route. I got the sweetest deal possible and it burns you up.

59 Dano

Obvious from your posts that you are one of those who worked from, and never left, a windowless office.

I recognize, and support, the goal of making the delivery process as efficient as possible. Effective management with courier involvement could have solved the problem without the fiasco (or expense) that is DRA. FedEx doesn't know how to train qualified managers. They want a warm body to relay orders from Memphis. DRA only makes sense, the way it is currently being implemented, to eliminate both couriers and frontline managers. Automation.

When the extent of your employment is the onroad operation, it's easy to forget that there's a whole 'nother world that's involved.

59 Dano

And then Cactus responds, "THERE'S NO WAY IT CAN BE DONE THAT FAST IN THE REAL WORLD!!"

Cactus

And then Cactus responds, "THERE'S NO WAY IT CAN BE DONE THAT FAST IN THE REAL WORLD!!"
Shut the friend up Dano.

Your twisting of words are a true representation of a true Memphis shill and spotlight the huge disconnect between the work force and your precious Memphis Ivory tower. Sounds like something MT3 taught you at his charm school.

Oldfart

Shut the friend up Dano.

Your twisting of words are a true representation of a true Memphis shill and spotlight the huge disconnect between the work force and your precious Memphis Ivory tower. Sounds like something MT3 taught you at his charm school.
Now your temper is getting tested. Bad attitude, miserable life choices and jealous of others success will make someone like you get angry. Bummer

Cactus

Now your temper is getting tested. Bad attitude, miserable life choices and jealous of others success will make someone like you get angry. Bummer
Miserable life choices?
I’m retired, your not. You’ll still be a Express station bitch into your 80’s because you can’t afford to retire. Ha, ha! Bummer, bummer, bummer X 1,000.