Dreams of Entrepreneurial Glory

bacha29

What I find ironically funny is forever FXG has been adamant about 'this is what vehicle you need to buy' 'this is how we represent our brand' 'making sure to scrutinize your fleet for scratches etc' 'make sure the logos aren't faded' 'you can't buy anything unless we approve it and give it a number' 'we have to put cameras on every corner of the vehicle' and on and on.
Contractors be like: stay out of my business, all you need to worry about is that package being delivered even if I deliver it on a donkey!
Aaaaand now this... lol sounds like a move of utter desperation
Perhaps along with running out of masks they're also running out of tarps to cover up the pallet loads of stuff they've had to pile outside.Therefore, under timeline and perhaps federal pressure they've had to take measures they didn't have to take in the past . But what hasn't changed is they're long standing practice of dumping all the liability off onto somebody else. I just hope that the guys who are out there delivering out of the trunk of their car and aware of the risks they're taking.

XEQaF

Perhaps along with running out of masks they're also running out of tarps to cover up the pallet loads of stuff they've had to pile outside.Therefore, under timeline and perhaps federal pressure they've had to take measures they didn't have to take in the past . But what hasn't changed is they're long standing practice of dumping all the liability off onto somebody else. I just hope that the guys who are out there delivering out of the trunk of their car and aware of the risks they're taking.

I hope the tarps come with the proper size logos on them.... Yep let's not take responsibility and just blame the contractor for the fails wow what great leadership that is..
Well delivering out of your car in any industry isn't designed to make that person money, just a cheap way to get the product to the consumer but they'll package it as a great opportunity. Just a matter of time the person realizes this just isn't worth it

AB831

I hope the tarps come with the proper size logos on them.... Yep let's not take responsibility and just blame the contractor for the fails wow what great leadership that is..
Well delivering out of your car in any industry isn't designed to make that person money, just a cheap way to get the product to the consumer but they'll package it as a great opportunity. Just a matter of time the person realizes this just isn't worth it
They'll probably realize it while they're loading up the trunk and will be delivering pizzas the next day.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Under MaCarron -Ferguson states are granted the right to license and regulate insurers operating inside their state and so from a prosecutorial perspective how far an insurer can pursue the matter would likely vary from state to state along with how far along that state's AG will agree to pursue the matter. But in any event "jake" has no mercy for crooks. In fact he announced a few years back that he was pulling out of the Florida homeowners insurance business. Too many hurricanes too hard to accurately assess the risk factors.

State AGs don't pursue actions on behalf of private parties that are to be litigated in civil court.

bacha29

State AGs don't pursue actions on behalf of private parties that are to be litigated in civil court.
But what if there's a matter of organized crime involved that costs one or more insurers considerable money.? Remember that auto glass installer I mentioned ? Well there was about half a dozen different individuals involved. It went to criminal court. So it's simply a matter of state insurance law and what factors and charges involved and how law enforcement pursues it. So the moral of the story when it comes to delivering out of your personal vehicle. Do it the right way. Get your own number and the right type of insurance. This way if something happens out there you're on the right side of the law.

Trouble is Dano all a carrier has to do is to wave a few dollars in front of unsuspecting people ignorant of the law some will still show up and load up without ever thinking for even moment what kind of feces storm could be in store for them. And if bad things happen that carrier will just let them hanging out there.

CatMan

Sounds like the Amazon flex driver model (not sure if they're still doing that)...Guy in car gets in this long line and pulls up and they cram packages in his trunk and backseat..and then takes off! Bizarre!

XEQaF

Sounds like the Amazon flex driver model (not sure if they're still doing that)...Guy in car gets in this long line and pulls up and they cram packages in his trunk and backseat..and then takes off! Bizarre!
Sounds like a Nascar pitstop loading model lol

59 Dano

But what if there's a matter of organized crime involved that costs one or more insurers considerable money.? Remember that auto glass installer I mentioned ? Well there was about half a dozen different individuals involved. It went to criminal court. So it's simply a matter of state insurance law and what factors and charges involved and how law enforcement pursues it. So the moral of the story when it comes to delivering out of your personal vehicle. Do it the right way. Get your own number and the right type of insurance. This way if something happens out there you're on the right side of the law.

Trouble is Dano all a carrier has to do is to wave a few dollars in front of unsuspecting people ignorant of the law some will still show up and load up without ever thinking for even moment what kind of feces storm could be in store for them. And if bad things happen that carrier will just let them hanging out there.

ROTFLMAO

59 Dano

Another disappointing response from you Dano. Since you're so much smarter and knowledgeable that the rest of us Dano (or so you think) one would come to expect better responses.

Your response to "it's not a crime for a guy to not buy the proper insurance" is "but if he's involved in an organized crime ring..."

It's as if you come up with silly presumptions, only to have them not be true, then come up with a ridiculously improbable scenario in which it might be true.

"An adult must beware of the drowning risk in a tub with 4 inches of water."
"An adult probably isn't at risk of drowning in a tub with 4 inches of water."
"Oh well Mr Smarty Pants what if he has a major medical issue and hits his head on something, rendering him unconscious, and he lands face down in the water? Tell me there's no risk of drowning!"

bacha29

Your response to "it's not a crime for a guy to not buy the proper insurance" is "but if he's involved in an organized crime ring..."

It's as if you come up with silly presumptions, only to have them not be true, then come up with a ridiculously improbable scenario in which it might be true.

"An adult must beware of the drowning risk in a tub with 4 inches of water."
"An adult probably isn't at risk of drowning in a tub with 4 inches of water."
"Oh well Mr Smarty Pants what if he has a major medical issue and hits his head on something, rendering him unconscious, and he lands face down in the water? Tell me there's no risk of drowning!"
While the rest of us are talking about insurance fraud being perpetuated by greedy transport carriers, you're talking about taking a bath. (LMAO)
What happened? Did you miss your weekly one last night? For you it is always your week's most exciting event.

59 Dano

While the rest of us are talking about insurance fraud being perpetuated by greedy transport carriers, you're talking about taking a bath. (LMAO)
What happened? Did you miss your weekly one last night? For you it is always your week's most exciting event.

And by "the rest of us" you mean "I went out of my way to make up a dumb story about some guy and his vehicle and then you pointed out what happens in that kind of scenario so I changed it to the Mafia."

bacha29

And by "the rest of us" you mean "I went out of my way to make up a dumb story about some guy and his vehicle and then you pointed out what happens in that kind of scenario so I changed it to the Mafia."
They can't be as dumb as you claim or you would no longer be reading them. Then again, if they are as dumb as you claim yet you make very effort to read every one , then what does that say about your intellect? Not much if you ask me because if it was as high as you try to make the rest of us believe it is you would be spending your every day solving complex equations and would have had a COVID vaccine in global distribution two months ago.

59 Dano

They can't be as dumb as you claim or you would no longer be reading them. Then again, if they are as dumb as you claim yet you make very effort to read every one , then what does that say about your intellect?

Sorry, I don't read every one. Wouldn't dare.

Not much if you ask me because if it was as high as you try to make the rest of us believe it is you would be spending your every day solving complex equations and would have had a COVID vaccine in global distribution two months ago.

Don't you have some penny stocks to obsess about?