Driver assist?

Dutch Dawg

Thats a teamster excuse to miss packages. After all we are in the business of following teamster rules not making service on packages. :blushing:

As a member of management Tie. You are still a member of management right? I find it interesting of all the posts in this thread to reply to in a constructive manner and possibly offer insight or something positive. You instead chose to reply sarcasticly to the one you did. What's up? Having another bad day or are you overdue for a vacation?

over9five

Staff member
"And what is the UPS excuse for hiding missed pkgs. by not sheeting them as missed but just bring them to the clerk and they will take care of them. (see above) After all it's not about telling the truth. "

Any of you people who are doing this (not sheeting as missed, handing to clerk) have to do this:

1. Work as directed

2. Before you hand it in, write down the tracking number.

3. On your own time, track it.

4. If it isn't entered as missed, you must report it to the Corporate Ethics Hotline. Your center manager may be cheating our customers.

tieguy

Banned
As a member of management Tie. You are still a member of management right? I find it interesting of all the posts in this thread to reply to in a constructive manner and possibly offer insight or something positive. You instead chose to reply sarcasticly to the one you did. What's up? Having another bad day or are you overdue for a vacation?

I have a hard time accepting someone providing guidance on how to execute malicious obedience to miss packages.

tieguy

Banned
And what is the UPS excuse for hiding missed pkgs. by not sheeting them as missed but just bring them to the clerk and they will take care of them. (see above) After all it's not about telling the truth.
:mad:

The argument you just presented was " another part of the company is screwed up and resulting in missed packages therefore its ok for me to miss packages too" Think about it.

upsset

Tie guy if management would make the effort to correct some of these problems with real solutions and not just attempt to manipulate the numbers or find a way to blame drivers for management incompetence the whole system might work better.

local804

Our center told us not to key in "missed" packages in the DIAD on route anymore-just bring them in at night and give them to the clerk who writes them up so they don't come up as "missed."

I have heard this one a little too much also. What happens when the customer is tracking the packages all day and the UPS 800 number tells her the driver will be there by 7. Customer waits and waits then tracks the package to find an exception for the package sheeted when the driver comes in at 730pm. Its just another UPS coverup/fudge which the CUSTOMER suffers once again. The packages could and should be service end of discussion. Instead of busting the drivers balls to get more volume lets try to service the ones we have. Customer retention should be the number 1 priority at ups. Wait......First 10 minutes of the day is working safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

upsgrunt

How are you interpreting that? It was a simple question that you just read into way to much. Just stick to the facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DS

Fenderbender
Thats a teamster excuse to miss packages. After all we are in the business of following teamster rules not making service on packages. :blushing:
Tie this answer baffles me.What would YOU do if you were a
pkg driver and you had 30 businesess that you had no time
to deliver?
My first thought would be to call the center and request a code 05.I`ll go without lunch for the customer.But the boss
says NO! then I`ll need help or I will have missed I`d say.
This has NOTHING to do with the teamsters, in my mind,and
everything to do with overdispatching.
Just wondering tie,how many years did you put in as a PD?

old levi's

blank space
Tie, Answer this question in as few words as possible. If a pkg. is missed (for whatever reason) should the driver record that pkg. as missed so that our customers will have timely and accurate information. Or should management conceal the fact that the pkg. was missed.

old levi's

blank space
I apologize for the premature death of this thread. However, Tie could revive it wth a response to the previous post. Are you out there Tie?