Driver follow up

OPTION3

yeah i noticed it is happening to me, everyday we are being hold by preload for at least 15 minutes, and like today my bulk door cable broke so i have to wait for one guy to bring me a new truck(275 miles on it) plus my super tell me to deliver the missloads too.
psssst....its a package car not a truck....<snicker>

OPTION3

Once had a center manager say,” I bet follow ups would disappear if I made you drivers pay for each one”.....I said,” Yes they would, I would not DR another package”........Never heard THAT bright idea again

CHALLY9TX

Our follow ups tell us who delivered the pkg. Make sure it was you who delivered it. If not maybe the driver who did remembers something. I know I've accidentally hit FD when I actually left it at SD for example. Also when a customer claim to not have received a pkg they are required to file a police report. When you tell customers that somehow the pkg happens to appear the next day.

Sent using BrownCafe App

OPTION3

lol ok.
but just saying i googled UPS truck Vs UPS package car. and this is the results

UPS Truck : About 48,600,000 results
Ups Package car: About 38,100,000 results
I was told....28ish years ago....its called that because of streets that don’t allow trucks....it’s not a truck its a package car.....Ups can fight the ticket and win

OPTION3

I’ve have you heard that as well? I’m 100% sure I heard it....not sure if its true. It used to be....no member of management would let you call it a TRUCK...they ALWAYS corrected you

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Things you need to know about follow-ups.
1) If you get more than one or two, you're doing it wrong. No, really. It means you're either a) mis-delivering, b) leaving it somewhere sketchy that you shouldn't be or c) not getting it out of sight.

Don't be a runner/gunner just tossing stuff at the front door and flying hoping it won't grow legs. Take the time to walk it around to the side or back door if there is no porch.

2) You need to know what to look for on that follow up slip. Things you care about: a) "Message to driver" Look at the driver name and make sure it's you. That means you delivered it. b) value. If it's under $100, not a huge deal, but you should still care about why it's happening. Over $100 and you're possibly opening your own wallet to take care of it or getting disciplined. c) Was there a signature? We occasionally get DFUs on a package that someone actually signed for. This usually is fraud and you need to watch out for these. The rest is self-explanatory.

If you get someone insisting they didn't get their stuff and you're sure it wasn't left somewhere that someone would grab it, you can ask them to smartstop the stop. They can print out an aerial map with a mark where it was released. When I was a new driver this helped me figure out that I had left a package at the wrong house (neighbor) because neither house had a number on it and no one had been home at either house and I had guessed wrong. The neighbor where I left it said he walked it over and gave it to the correct consignee, so I dragged him over to the consignee and confronted them both. The lady miraculously finally remembered that her daughter had brought the package in...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hello is me again.

so today was my 10th day with 205 stops, I was doing fine by lunch i have 108 stops done and 97 more to go( all DR) but my super came and said on my route is only 170-180 stops to scratch, i finished 175 stops in 8.51 hours of work, the planned day was 7.98 so i was over by .53 clicks(shame on me).

anyways my question is, so far i have got 2 drivers follow ups, i ask my super how to do it, but im guessing he is just busy on other stuff because he always tell me, we will do them one day.

1 driver follow up says " i delivered a pkg for someone who use to live there" and the second say " I delivered the pkg in the front door"

are this bad, or is just regular stuff that happen to all other drivers?
what if the time frame to do this expire and I have not yet do it?

Thanks for all your help
205 stops, sux for you dude lol.

Z

ZQXC

I usually flip a coin to decide over/under, unless she's a really heavy gal. All bets are off in that case, big daddy is gonna be topside.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
not a splinter, more like a tree limb :rofl:
200.gif
anything you say...lol