Driver gets fired

Raw

Raw Member
"I don't see how UPS could prove he didn't come across other over 70 pkgs that weren't properly marked..."

I think that's the kicker....I run into over 70 packages that are unmarked every day. I also get a lot of boxes that are conveniently just 69 pounds. And guess what; I count those as over 70 too... Guess I should turn in my letter of resignation now...
Could be the customer on purpose limits it to 70 lbs so not to pay extra?

What a crock...

Raw

Raw Member
"I don't see how UPS could prove he didn't come across other over 70 pkgs that weren't properly marked..."

I think that's the kicker....I run into over 70 packages that are unmarked every day. I also get a lot of boxes that are conveniently just 69 pounds. And guess what; I count those as over 70 too... Guess I should turn in my letter of resignation now...

What a crock...

Could be the customer on purpose limits it to 70 lbs so not to pay extra?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
...if you have any question as to the weight of a package simply bring it to your revenue auditor so they can process a revenue adjustment. If you don't an auditor in your bldg, bring the pkg(s) to the attn of your mgt team.

Hell, I gave up trying to get my mgt team to address these along time ago. If I have a weight that is questionable I circle the weight and write check weight on the pkg (I always have a black marker on me) and hope that it will get caught in the hub.:knockedout:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
...if you have any question as to the weight of a package simply bring it to your revenue auditor so they can process a revenue adjustment. If you don't an auditor in your bldg, bring the pkg(s) to the attn of your mgt team.
Darn Dave, what a novel idea, bring back the heavy packages on your route for auditing. That way, you will always have twice the number of O/70's on your car every day.

Let me know how well that works for you, but for me, they got dumped as quickly as I could. I never saw a reason why I would need to handle it 6-8 times to get it verified as an O/70.

The problem with being charged with an improper delivery is that the methods for appeal are stacked in the companies favor. Just like taking a check. You take a check, with the banks name in the top left hand corner. It says certified on the face of the check, imprinted. So why is it I am supposed to be an expert counterfeit detector and know this is a counterfeit check. It looks like the real thing, UPS tried to run it through as the real thing, so they didn't catch it either.

Bottom line is that the driver is exposed to the criminal activities of the public, and that exposure is real. And UPS wants to hold us responsible for losses occurred when dealing with those people.

So cover your behinds as well as you can and grieve what you cant control. You work too hard for your money to have to pay it back for a thief to get his fix.

d

atatbl

Mike

There have been a lot of things change since the new sheriff came to town in Tennessee.

And handing out warning letters and dumping drivers is just for starters.

Look for more in the future.

As for the over 70's, claiming work that gives you more time allowance is stealing one way or another. Its just easier to prove and stick in a bonus center. But it has been done in non bonus centers as well, just not as common.

d

What new sheriff? This post is two and a half years old. Quit pretending to work at UPS....

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Pssst atta, when you come out of the closet from being my shadow, you might understand that the post is not that old. We happen to have a new DM, one that is interested in making a mark. The person I posted that to understood it for what it was. You didnt.

Dave

Not condescension, sorry you took it that way. It was supposed to be more ironic than condescending.

d

tieguy

Banned
Pssst atta, when you come out of the closet from being my shadow, you might understand that the post is not that old. We happen to have a new DM, one that is interested in making a mark. The person I posted that to understood it for what it was. You didnt.

Dave

Not condescension, sorry you took it that way. It was supposed to be more ironic than condescending.

d

Who's this we you're talking about. You've been retired for at least what three years?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
semantics now?

What he does at ups affects me and my business. And so far, not for the better either. So like it or not........

d

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
red705 Im w/ you. Fortunatley where I am they cant make us pay for anything but if I had a package I dr'd that was stolen and UPS made me pay I wouldnt ever dr to them again. I would envolve the police and I would start geting signatures to make sure I had record of all pkgs being recieved by the customer.
Same here... UPS can either make us pay or pursue disciplinary action; not both. When someone claims not to have received a package, every subsequent delivery requires a signature. There's at least one rat in every neighborhood.

Last edited: