Driver Helper peak 2019

542thruNthru

South Central PA
Ask your driver tomorrow. If he says your Central... and he may not know. Then you should be paid OT after 8 and you need to talk to someone.
Screenshot_20191205-174834_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Methods Man

Does he qualify under the contract though being a seasonal driver helper? Never quite understood the rules when it comes to them paying union dues while working during the couple months. Is he a union member technically for the duration of his work? If not, then that’s probably why he’s not getting OT after 8.

As a Union Member, do you feel hard working drivers helpers get RI min. wage? I feel so ashamed of myself/degraded!
I don't get paid a lot and didn't expect too but atleast i'm getting 45+ hours/wk and seeing how the job is. I do plan to put in the work to become a driver sometime knowing it will take probably a few years.. but I have enjoyed it.

Alamo Joe

Drivers helpers are seasonal. When the holiday rush is over, I would not expect to receive a steady job!
My driver helper last year got a job. I’ve been a driver 14 years now. Only recommended 4 driver helpers for positions inside part time. All of them got a job. 2 still work there. The other quit a year ago after his kids were too old to be on his insurance.

My driver helper last year got a job. I’ve been a driver 14 years now. Only recommended 4 driver helpers for positions inside part time. All of them got a job. 2 still work there. The other quit a year ago after his kids were too old to be on his insurance.
That's what i'm hoping too, my driver and I have been killing it and he keeps saying nothing but good stuff -- atleast he says

They told me today to turn in the vest :( Amazing experience loved every part of it... stuck every day out till the end. Driver was great the entire time, and kept telling me that i'm young enough and to try and get my foot in the door to work towards becoming a driver but not sure how much they hire inside hub after peak. Thanks for the opportunity and thanks for all you guys do every year! Merry christmas

a911scanner

They told me today to turn in the vest :( Amazing experience loved every part of it... stuck every day out till the end. Driver was great the entire time, and kept telling me that i'm young enough and to try and get my foot in the door to work towards becoming a driver but not sure how much they hire inside hub after peak. Thanks for the opportunity and thanks for all you guys do every year! Merry christmas

Exactly the kind of helper we ALL need every Christmas. Merry Christmas to you! I hope you get to join the ranks.