Driver Helper Question

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I haven't done the driver helper gig since the 2016-2017 peak season. They were in the process of getting a website up that would allow the helpers to report their availability and get assigned to a driver. My guess was that they didn't get the bugs worked out of the site yet back then because they were still using coordinators to assign helpers over the phone. My guess is that the site is now in use instead of going through the coordinators. Orientation was scheduled a day or two after your interview at the same building you had your interview. Helper uniforms consisting of pants, shirt, and a pull over jacket were issued at the end of orientation. You went home and dealt with the coordinators around Thanksgiving. That is how it worked in my area from 2013-2016. Other areas tend to do things differently. Such as giving the uniform to the driver and having to change into the uniform when you met the driver. Some areas use the helper vest instead of the uniform and so forth.

Indecisi0n

Hello, I was hired on for driver helper and I was wondering when is the usual start date for a helper? Also is a uniform required, I seen a ups vest type shirt that says seasonal helper. Do I pick that up?
If you want to make an impression show up everyday wether they call you or not . 90% of the time they will end up using you for something because there are ALWAYS issues in the morning .