Driver layoff

R

Red Green

Wondering how many cover drivers in your centers are on layoff this winter? Or only getting 1-2 days per week...this really sucks right now!!

upswrench

This is the first year we have not had drivers bumping into preload in a long time. I do not think it is due to volume, just drivers go home every morning to let the swing drivers run there route. All the drivers showed up monday and all the swings show up and they figure out who is working.

No swing drivers are layed off here

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Wondering how many cover drivers in your centers are on layoff this winter? Or only getting 1-2 days per week...this really sucks right now!!

I haven't driven much either. They cut one route and no drivers are on vacation or TAW. I'm just glad I have other things to fall back on too!

It's nice to go home in the morning and get things done around the house!

raceanoncr

Hey! I'm doing my part, thank you very much! Been on disability for about 2 months with possibly 2 or more to go. Think of me when you're filling in on my job!

feeder53

ADKtrails
I am in feeders and I have not worked since 23 Dec. I was told when hired that I would be able to sort or some other area but that has not happened yet. They called me to come and verify that I had not received and tickets on my CDL, but no work. I am still with the military but was hoping to shape a job there........Time will tell. I come herre to see what is going on at UPS and love this forum. We here in the military have a few places too (AKO). I just received a notice from my UPS 401K plan that I was terminated??????????????????????????? and must take my money out so I need to contact them too. Any ideas????????????????????????????

local804

I am in feeders and I have not worked since 23 Dec. I was told when hired that I would be able to sort or some other area but that has not happened yet. They called me to come and verify that I had not received and tickets on my CDL, but no work. I am still with the military but was hoping to shape a job there........Time will tell. I come herre to see what is going on at UPS and love this forum. We here in the military have a few places too (AKO). I just received a notice from my UPS 401K plan that I was terminated??????????????????????????? and must take my money out so I need to contact them too. Any ideas????????????????????????????

Looks like you are in NY
I would say USPS, they are hiring 18 wheeler drivers atm and I am sure your military experiance means something to them. I thank you for your active role in the military and wish you the best. Not sure about feeders upstate NY but you would not get in feeders down here in the 804 without a ton of years in the buildings.(cept peak) If you are hung up about working at UPS, they do hire alot of people off the strrets in NJ.

barnyard

KTM rider
Got a message on my board yesterday, "Due to weather, a train will not make it in time for the sort. We are cutting all the cut cars. Let me know if you want the day off."

I took the day off. But, we are all taking one for the team on Friday....

At our center, we have a couple of guys that took voluntary layoff (they are ice fishing) and several guys that will work 3-4 days a week, so most of the people that want to work a full schedule, are.

TB

R

Red Green

Thanks!! Here in midwest us coverage driver call in first before leaving home to verify a steering wheel will be in front of us.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This is the first year we have not had drivers bumping into preload in a long time. I do not think it is due to volume, just drivers go home every morning to let the swing drivers run there route. All the drivers showed up monday and all the swings show up and they figure out who is working.

No swing drivers are layed off here
We've had alot of that this past 2 or 3 weeks. monday morning chaos with the senoir drivers figuring out who is gonna go home but by the end of the week we are back to all routes being in because of the 9.5's.

paidslave

You were terminated from Feeders and you should go on unemloyment. If you have enough time there they will have to call you back before they can have new hires.....

Do your due diligence for because I don't have enough info from your post and a minimum contact the UNION BA!

local804

You were terminated from Feeders and you should go on unemloyment. If you have enough time there they will have to call you back before they can have new hires.....

Do your due diligence for because I don't have enough info from your post and a minimum contact the UNION BA!

Probably hired as a casual driver. UPS will play thier game with him just like they do with all the non book employees.