Mandatory Layoffs

Cheesypurpletees

Here’s a new one at my small center. The bottom 2 drivers were instructed to be on mandatory layoffs this week. Sick calls, no shows, terminations, it doesn’t matter they’re not allowed to come in and cover routes.

The work is there for them, but now that extra work is being consolidated to other routes. Keep playing their game and file 9.5s I suppose

PT Car Washer

Here’s a new one at my small center. The bottom 2 drivers were instructed to be on mandatory layoffs this week. Sick calls, no shows, terminations, it doesn’t matter they’re not allowed to come in and cover routes.

The work is there for them, but now that extra work is being consolidated to other routes. Keep playing their game and file 9.5s I suppose
Management is doing the same thing at my Center and then when they have a route sitting they call in the PT air drivers to run it.

Cheesypurpletees

Management is doing the same thing at my Center and then when they have a route sitting they call in the PT air drivers to run it.
Flavor of the month I guess. Ups and its moodswings.
The 2 years I’ve been a driver there, I’ve yet to see the word mandatory. Usually the bottom guys work when the work gets down to them. Random layoff days here and there, but there’s usually routes to cover every Thursday-Friday at the minimum

ManInBrown

Welcome to 7 months ago. Weve had 5-35 feeder drivers laid off every week since Jan 1. Bottom few haven’t driven one week this year.

rp3

We are a small center also in Colorado exact same situation bottom 3 have been laid off since April! All we been doing is file file file.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The "mandatory" part is probably a breach of contract in sections pertaining to recognition of seniority, maintain or exhaust options to staff with bargaining unit employees.
Layoffs and recalls are generally week-to-week and you would normally have the choice, not the requirement, to come in on some random day in the middle.

clean hairy

My favorite part about him being banned is that no one knows why he's banned. I love the idea that some random mod just said, ":censored2: it, we've all had enough."
It would take a wall of text to explain it all.
One thing is he kept claiming retirees had no right to post here as things have changed since they retired, and they should stay away.
He then promised he would never post here again once retired.
Guess what? He is retired and back to posting.
Double standard, anyone?