Driver on light duty bumps into our shift as 2 part time spots Question

jaker

trolling
Don't get your hopes up so high Skippy, in most places, car washer spots are reserved for injured drivers.
Thanks for telling me something I never knew in all my YEARS at ups
And very high seniority drivers. Not all that great. None or very little OT. Lousy hours.
A spot came open at my current hub and nobody put their name on the list , I didn't because they are about to move part of my hub closer to my house

But once I get into the new hub if a chance happens I will be doing it , i know about the no OT but I don't live above my means , we can live just find on 35 hours a week and the hours are only lousy if you don't want to work them

PT Car Washer

Thanks for telling me something I never knew in all my YEARS at ups

A spot came open at my current hub and nobody put their name on the list , I didn't because they are about to move part of my hub closer to my house

But once I get into the new hub if a chance happens I will be doing it , i know about the no OT but I don't live above my means , we can live just find on 35 hours a week and the hours are only lousy if you don't want to work them
All true. Why do you say 35 hours? Unless you want to cut out early every night.

PT Car Washer

Had a FT driver bid into car wash just last year. 35+ years. Why not retire? He has his reasons. Told me tonight "I can do this for quite a few more years".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had a FT driver bid into car wash just last year. 35+ years. Why not retire? He has his reasons. Told me tonight "I can do this for quite a few more years".

There are many reasons why drivers don't retire on the first day of eligibility. Some are divorced and will continue to work to spite their ex's (can't collect portion of pension). Some simply don't have a life outside of work. Others may have kids still in college or other financial obligations which requires that they keep working.

My plan is to work up to my 30th year and then take all of my personal/sick/vacation time consecutively so that I can receive an 8 week "bonus" check(s). My ex will "only" get 16%---sucks but it is better than the norm of 50%.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
There are many reasons why drivers don't retire on the first day of eligibility. Some are divorced and will continue to work to spite their ex's (can't collect portion of pension). Some simply don't have a life outside of work. Others may have kids still in college or other financial obligations which requires that they keep working.

My plan is to work up to my 30th year and then take all of my personal/sick/vacation time consecutively so that I can receive an 8 week "bonus" check(s). My ex will "only" get 16%---sucks but it is better than the norm of 50%.

I'm with you on 30 yrs. 2% less isn't enough to keep me here a second longer. Welcome back

C

chuchu

Sometimes 14 years of PT, isn't enough to get a FT job. Some parts of the country there is a long wait.
When this contract ratifies it's going to get longer yet if someone signs up to be a single day vacation coverage driver.