Driver quit after many years of employment

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
People make choices and must live with those choices.
Always liked George Jones and "Choices" is one of my favorite songs by him.

CHOICES
I've had choices
Since the day that I was born
There were voices
That told me right from wrong
If I had listened
No I wouldn't be here today
Living and dying
With the choices I made

I guess I'm payin'
For the things that I have done
If I could go back
Oh, Lord knows I'd run
But I'm still losin'
This game of life I play
Living and dying
With the choices I made

The **** House Poet strikes again.
I always liked the one:
Hear I sit broken hearted,
Came to poop but only farted.
But that one by you George is good too.

Theichii

I have nightmares about delivering...does that count? One of the worst ones was that we were required to sleep at the center during peak and were allowed 2 hours a day to go home and be with our families. I think i actually woke up screaming and in a cold sweat.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have nightmares about delivering...does that count? One of the worst ones was that we were required to sleep at the center during peak and were allowed 2 hours a day to go home and be with our families. I think i actually woke up screaming and in a cold sweat.
When you woke up, were you at the center?

NHDRVR

Those of you morons who respond with who cares, are victims to the system, this company takes away your heart, your soul and your real meaning of why you were put on earth, you brag about the money, you forget the sacrifice all of upsers make, you give up family time, your kids grow up and before you know it your divorced, your kids have grown and gone and you are left with nothing but regrets, but you wont know til you retire or quit, because ups it full of heartless gutless people and it is the fault of us all and the greed of the mighty dollar.

It's called balance....

I use it in my daily routine....

You should use it in your medications....

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Those of you morons who respond with who cares, are victims to the system, this company takes away your heart, your soul and your real meaning of why you were put on earth, you brag about the money, you forget the sacrifice all of upsers make, you give up family time, your kids grow up and before you know it your divorced, your kids have grown and gone and you are left with nothing but regrets, but you wont know til you retire or quit, because ups it full of heartless gutless people and it is the fault of us all and the greed of the mighty dollar.

Who cares.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
WHY Dont we all quit .it would be abusrd to ban together.ahh lets form a union fight for our rights,OH I FORGOT WE HAVE A UNION BUT YOUR TO BUSY TO FIGHT BECAUSE you may have to call the union onyour lunch. that you are allowed to take .Because you worked thru your lunch.stop complaing do your job OR GET INVOLVED.

Well said:greedy:

M

Mike23

Well my good friend with many years of driving did quit .This person did everything he could to stay there talked with the manager, supervisors ,other drivers he could no longer relate to any one there.Comeing in looking at there over allowed how many stops they did. How many more years tell retirement .He was just trying to get past the next 2 hours instead of the next 10 years tell retirement.
.They route he had before this when he bid off was so overloaded that they fired one driver who could not get it done, and harassed they other 2 who could not get it done. The only way they could get his old route where any one could run they changed it by a stroke of a pen give more bonus and took off work.
His new route was at 150 to 170 stops they jacked it up to 200 stops. So they did it to him again he reached out for help he was depressed because of the job he felt like he was going to die mentally.
Talking to him give me a rush of old feelings of the UPS mindset how they treated me as a numbers, kicking me to the curb how I had to fight them on everything that I should not have to do.
It was a nightmare I was scared, confused, mad I was seriously hurt from a job related injury. I was amazed on the lies and damage control that did, felt like a Nazi Gestapo propaganda machine pouring out the lies and they believe there own bull ****

This brings up A huge point how many drivers are depressed from the job that do not get reported because of the shame and pressure from UPS, that comes with the that diagnose and filing A work comp claim. What do you think UPS would do to most people who filed for work comp help because of the stress of the job causing metal health issue? The machine would spend millions fighting it instead of helping this unfortunate people who need help. One could only imagine how UPS would treat these unfortunate souls.:knockedout:

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/depression-for-vehicle-drivers.246178/

My BA told me off the record that they wanted me to just go away, lol. If you can't 'hack' it anymore they push you a little more and a little more until you just give up and leave. That way they don't get a black eye and can claim they TRIED to help...my ass they do.

I've come to the realization, VERY quickly, that UPS IS a business and has NO heart. They will stomp you and grind you into the ground until there's nothing left then throw you away and find a new play thing to stomp and grind into the ground. It's a cycle. UPS doesn't care and it's everyone that suffers. Management gets crapped on for screwing up then the drivers get crapped on by management then the drivers crap on preload and it just goes on and on. Desk jockies in Atlanta need to stay in Atlanta and let everyone else run the show that actually WORKS for UPS and doesn't just come in, kiss arse to our big clients then go home with a big fat bonus or raise.

klein

Für Meno :)
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/depression-for-vehicle-drivers.246178/

My BA told me off the record that they wanted me to just go away, lol. If you can't 'hack' it anymore they push you a little more and a little more until you just give up and leave. That way they don't get a black eye and can claim they TRIED to help...my ass they do.

Mike.. pre warning for you :
Same like we had :

They expect a new building to make the best ever numbers....

We been there...

I feel sorry for you.

You`ll get top notches from the US, and from TO....
Telling you, new buliding.. lets be the best !

brownrodster

Currently, I'm planning an exit, only if one day my career at UPS comes to an end.

I am also developing my exit strategy. Fortunately, my living expenses are extremely low relative to my income. Hope I have the ability to walk from UPS within 10 years. I hope to be here until retirement but I want to have the power to walk away and have no worries well before that.

brownrodster

Someone here told us a story about a driver who was fired for a minor accident by a big wig trying to make an example of him for the rest of the maroon drivers. Anyways, that driver got his job back with a huge amount of back pay. And immediately quit after he got his job back.

Now that is style.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Someone here told us a story about a driver who was fired for a minor accident by a big wig trying to make an example of him for the rest of the maroon drivers. Anyways, that driver got his job back with a huge amount of back pay. And immediately quit after he got his job back.

Now that is style.
Back when I was in package we had a driver that had 18 or 19 years under his belt(His wife was a nurse and made good money) that got fired for not wearing his seatbelt. He sat home for a week and then came in for the hearing. He got his job back. When he showed up the next day he was in street clothes with all his uniforms in bags. Said "I'm outta here ,retiring early" That was the last we all saw of him:funny:

klein

Well, I called my old center this morning... looking for references...

Kinda funny, heard my old run is not getting back until 10:30 at night now.
Atleast , yesterday it was the case... last I heard was 9-9:30pm.

What will they do when the snow falls , or when peak hits ?
Like, the old saying : "You don't know what you miss, until it's gone"

Is there actually any driver on this site , that hasn't been suspended atleast once, for some kind of little mischief ?

They can suspend you tomorrow... just because of a false diad entry.
And to all of you, that want to quit, or will be quitting :

You give them the same notice... they gave you - NONE !

M

Mike23

There's also a post on here about a driver who lost his job and committed suicide. I didn't want to post the link out of respect but thought mentioning the situation was ok. If not, my apologies.

It makes me wonder how many drivers that are fired or forced to quit because of being on the 'radar' resort to this since obviously UPS will never mention it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There's also a post on here about a driver who lost his job and committed suicide. I didn't want to post the link out of respect but thought mentioning the situation was ok. If not, my apologies.

It makes me wonder how many drivers that are fired or forced to quit because of being on the 'radar' resort to this since obviously UPS will never mention it.
Nowhere near as many as commit suicide because their boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse breaks up with them.

klein

It's called FREEDOM and relief !

The only thing what keeps drivers working, are thier friendly customers.
That smile and laugh, now and then.

If all customers were like sups and mangement. None of us would last a single day !