Driver: unjust DQ.. Assistance please

Buru

I have a buddy who got disqualified on his second to last day of integrad.(driver training class) He hopped a curb and got DQ'ed.. On his first day of the class.. They didn't give him a beanie, jacket, long sleeve and wrong size pants. They also gave him a short sleeve driver shirt.. Its 30 degrees outside.. He is told there is a shortage with the uniforms and doesn't receive the rest of the uniform i listed. By Tuesday morning he is feeling sick from being underdressed in the cold.. He notifies HR of this and informs them that he needs the rest of the uniform because it is to cold and he's getting sick from being under dressed. He is told to tough it out, and that he will not receive the rest of the uniform. He is also told he can't reschedule his integrad classes because of the sickness. He is hanging in there and doing good in the class, but come Thursday he is sick as a dog with fever and flu and during class pops a curb.. He did this cuz he was a mess and couldn't think or focus due to sickness. I understand of a probationary period but it isn't right that the reason he screwed up is because he got the flu from being underdressed in the cold because they did not give him the proper attire. How could he fight and build a solid case for another chance without having to wait the 6 month period to try again.. Ups should be qt fault in this incident because they under prepared this employee for the driver class

Last edited:

CoolStoryBro

UPS will never give you what you need. He needed to be resourceful and take care of himself.

UPS drivers are solo operators. There is no support. You are on your own. Can't handle that then this isn't the job for you.

Try again in 6 months.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have a buddy who got disqualified on his second to last day of integrad.(driver training class) He hopped a curb and got DQ'ed.. On his first day of the class.. They didn't give him a beanie, jacket, long sleeve and wrong size pants. They also gave him a short sleeve driver shirt.. Its 30 degrees outside.. He is told there is a shortage with the uniforms and doesn't receive the rest of the uniform i listed. By Tuesday morning he is feeling sick from being underdressed in the cold.. He notifies HR of this and informs them that he needs the rest of the uniform because it is to cold and he's getting sick from being under dressed. He is told to tough it out, and that he will not receive the rest of the uniform. He is also told he can't reschedule his integrad classes because of the sickness. He is hanging in there and doing good in the class, but come Thursday he is sick as a dog with fever and flu and during class pops a curb.. He did this cuz he was a mess and couldn't think or focus due to sickness. I understand of a probationary period but it isn't right that the reason he screwed up is because he got the flu from being underdressed in the cold because they did not give him the proper attire. How could he fight and build a solid case for another chance without having to wait the 6 month period to try again.. Ups should be qt fault in this incident because they under prepared this employee for the driver class

see you in 6 months

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Dude;

He was sick before he got there.

Under-dressing doesn't cause people to get sick.

Germs do.

If he is an inside employee, he can file a grievance to protest the disqualification.

Hopping a curb.... demonstrates an inability to control the vehicle.

He look's like a future liability to the company.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He didn’t get the flu from being cold. He got the flu from germs.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
He hoped a curb. Sick or not that'll get you a DQ. Had a buddy fail his cdl test twice for hoping a curb on a really tight right hand turn. Instructor knows it's tough that's why they took him that way. Like any company they need to see you being a safe operator. See him in 6 months.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They are not backing down on me giving a curb some friction. Wait 6 months and let them suffer from their own lottery decision. It was unacceptable that you did not have perfect spacial awareness of a vehicle that you have barely driven, SMDH!!!

Lay the blame wherever you want but it's pretty damning to hear when people jump a curb without even a hint of knowledge about CDL skills like offtracking. "some people aren't meant for driving" NO, they simply did not have the right study material.

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
There is this local CDL practice ghetto school that keeps using the 7-eleven parking lot to do reverse turns in, while I am trying to get a coffee at 3AM. First of all, they are charging thousands of dollars so someone can park a trailer into a 7-eleven. Second, gtfo my way.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
They are not backing down on me giving a curb some friction. Wait 6 months and let them suffer from their own lottery decision. It was unacceptable that you did not have perfect spacial awareness of a vehicle that you have barely driven, SMDH!!!

Lay the blame wherever you want but it's pretty damning to hear when people jump a curb without even a hint of knowledge about CDL skills like offtracking. "some people aren't meant for driving" NO, they simply did not have the right study material.
Lol

you’ve obviously never seen my ex mother in law drive

her car started sort of an oval shape when she got done with it it was square from bashing all 4 corners on various obstacles

a911scanner

The only thing hopping a curb does is throw most of your 5000 & 6000 shelf on the floor.

Although not really unsafe, this demonstrates that you will cost the company more time with inefficiencies, therefore costing the company money.

Good luck next time, you time wasting driver. :rolleyes::raspberry-tounge: