Drivers not scanning on pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

542thruNthru

a friend who works at ups suggested this site

I recently started selling my old electronics on eBay. I pay ups an extra 10$ to pick up the package. 1/2 the time it's not scanned by the driver. Not only does this throw ebay off, I've had some lost. With no scan, there's no proof. Luckily I have a ring door bell with motion detection that shows the driver picking them up. Once ups saw this I could file a claim

In a nutshell drivers should be REQUIRED to scan anything they pick up. That way if it gets lost, the shipper isn't left hanging and ups doesn't get a bad rep.

As of now I have to open the door and request the driver scan them

Customer service says scanning is optional because the driver picking up may be a delivery driver who's delivering near my house assigned to it. Then why the 10$ pickup charge? If I'm to spend 10$, it should be a dedicated pickup driver OR the delivery driver should scan it.

Plus for us that sell on eBay , if a driver fails to scan, I don't get my funds released for 14 days. If the driver scans it, funds are released on the spot

And I'm business not residential. Anytime I order something online, it's ALWAYS scanned at pickup. When it's not my normal driver, I've had some refuse to scan it. Then I have to call the hub and have a scan time manually added

It's just dangerous leaving it to driver discretion to scan or not. I stick with ups because shipping rates are lower but fedex drivers are REQUIRED to scan any/all pickups. Why is ups so lax on this?

Your home is not a business. Also the reason the people you order online have a pick up scan is because they more than likely have a piece of paper we call a "end of day" that has all the packages already processed that we scan ONCE.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
We are only required to scan next day airs if there is not an end of day.(if you are a scheduled pickup customer). If you are requesting an on demand pickup which is what it sounds like, the driver should be scanning those.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
All I saw in your post was Should, Should,should, ebay. I didn't know anyone still used ebay. This site isn't for your use. We're not supposed to scan pickup packages. If your software allows you to print a UPS End of day report, we'll scan that. Your issues with that web site isn't our problem.

All I saw in your post was Should, Should,should, ebay. I didn't know anyone still used ebay. This site isn't for your use. We're not supposed to scan pickup packages. If your software allows you to print a UPS End of day report, we'll scan that. Your issues with that web site isn't our problem.
Tired of these trolls.
Please report his first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.