Drivers Seats In New Tractors

shadow3

Just wondering about the new seats in the tractors, lot of complains. Back problems, legs go num and not a high back. Don't want my head out the back window.

:mad:

over9five

Staff member
IE says the new seats save the company a ton of money, and will only lead to workmans comp in about 40% of feeder drivers.....

rod

Retired 22 years
Just wondering about the new seats in the tractors, lot of complains. Back problems, legs go num and not a high back. Don't want my head out the back window.

:mad:
You could always go drive a pkg car. That way you wouldn't have to worry about all that "seat" time.:)

rushfan

I would rather drive the old Mack CH600 instead of the new Internationals for two reasons. The noise level, and the seat adjustment. Same here, my knees go numb, and no head room. The seats are horrible, as they do not adjust very well. We don't have any Sterlings here.

dirtcurt

You could always go drive a pkg car. That way you wouldn't have to worry about all that "seat" time.:)

Forget that. I get about 6-7 hours a day driving in a new pkg car and the "new" seat feels like a book stuck under the seat cushion(lumbar). I was in a Mercedes van which felt oh so good. Summer camps force me into a P-570 and what a problem. It rides real rough MT and has no side (lateral support). Seat belt has no tension to hold you in either and there no shifter to lean on. I even offered to buy a air ride or springer with side support and UPS said "NOPE".

Just Lurking

The low seat (12-14 back) in P10 was changed out for the new high back style seat. While the seat is slightly more comfortable. The mounting bracket is not an exact match. The seat has a slight rock to it. The seat rock backwards when stating up from stop and tilts forward when you are braking. Gives you that Dale Jarrett racing expreience all day.