Drivers: who else is permanently coded 05 (pay actual)?

PT Car Washer

Hey UPS management. I will strike over this and everything else. YOU WANT A STRIKE, YOU GOT ONE. You laid your hand way too early. Everyone pay attention, even the anti strikers. It will take feet to the pavement bc they just called our bluff, and gave us the middle finger. #UPSstrike2023
40 years of concessions and now you think the Teamsters rank and file are ready for a strike? LOL. Maybe a few low seniority hot heads (with good reasons).

Thebrownblob

Never. I work as directed like the contract demands. The Ctr manager wanted me to take over a route one day and when I said no the Union told me I had to work as directed.
Oh and you forgot the part about file later. A 40 year employee like you should know how this works, the company certainly can violate your contractual rights and the contract in general as long as you don’t file.

I’m well aware of part-time air drivers who enjoy making driver ground pay About 80% of the time, basically side deals with management. Then when they want to go home they throw a fit.
Thankfully that’s where I come in and find out they’ve been doing the job for more than 30 days in the 90 day period.

PT Car Washer

Oh and you forgot the part about file later. A 40 year employee like you should know how this works, the company certainly can violate your contractual rights and the contract in general as long as you don’t file.

I’m well aware of part-time air drivers who enjoy making driver ground pay About 80% of the time, basically side deals with management. Then when they want to go home they throw a fit.
Thankfully that’s where I come in and find out they’ve been doing the job for more than 30 days in the 90 day period.
Work as directed.

PT Car Washer

I'll just continue to get paid. If the Union and company don't like it they can do something about it. In the mean time not too many people can say they have a $90k/yr PT job.

Thebrownblob

I'll just continue to get paid. If the Union and company don't like it they can do something about it. In the mean time not too many people can say they have a $90k/yr PT job.
And you continue to complain about the union even though you don’t do your due diligence To enforcing the contract, by filing a grievance. You are the problem. Not too many people can say they crap all over their fellow brother and sister and are happy about it, even to the point of saying it’s not their problem. I find it funny how you badmouth the union while you purposely work outside the confines of the contract helping the company. Congratulations.

Last edited:

21Savage

They don't do that where I am but I did have my center manager come to me once when I had a G8 and say don't crush it and come in early. Call if I need more work to get my 8.

I was like really?? So you're going to push me to the limit and risk me going over my 8 and then have a g8 grievance onnyour hands instead of just letting me come in and go home?

Oooook whatever.

I don't remember the last time I signed the code 5 sheet though. It's been a while. Even if I come in under I just punch out and get paid for 8. But I'm usually close enough to 8 that they don't say anything about it.

PT Car Washer

Except the part that you can’t make $90k with PT hours at UPS. Smh
If it makes you happy, I turned down a ground route today for an out of town air route. Letting some of the other PT air drivers make some money. See if I don't take the work another PT will.

Thebrownblob

If it makes you happy, I turned down a ground route today for an out of town air route. Letting some of the other PT air drivers make some money. See if I don't take the work another PT will.
No one is upset that a part time air driver does ground work on occasion.

The problem lies with people like you who take advantage and continue to let the company do it year after year day after day without filing a grievance.

You are working outside of your classification continually costing another person a full-time job as well as a full-time pension.

You are the problem the union has enforcing the contract, any complaints from you should be thrown right in the trash because you’re completely self-serving.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
No one is upset that a part time air driver does ground work on occasion.

The problem lies with people like you who take advantage and continue to let the company do it year after year day after day without filing a grievance.

You are working outside of your classification continually costing another person a full-time job as well as a full-time pension.

You are the problem the union has enforcing the contract, any complaints from you should be thrown right in the trash because you’re completely self-serving.
Remember
Screenshot_20221027_120916_Chrome.jpg

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
They don't do that where I am but I did have my center manager come to me once when I had a G8 and say don't crush it and come in early. Call if I need more work to get my 8.

I was like really?? So you're going to push me to the limit and risk me going over my 8 and then have a g8 grievance onnyour hands instead of just letting me come in and go home?

Oooook whatever.

I don't remember the last time I signed the code 5 sheet though. It's been a while. Even if I come in under I just punch out and get paid for 8. But I'm usually close enough to 8 that they don't say anything about it.
Where in the contract does it say you have to ask for more work past your dispatch to make your G8? Thats my answer to my sup.