Drivers: who else is permanently coded 05 (pay actual)?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
View attachment 404986

I wonder how many Teamsters have a problem w the company violating the contract. We can break the guarantee; the company may not preemptively code us 05. Here we always used to get our guarantee if we worked 7.5 hrs.

You have quoted the appropriate language.

But the Devil is always in the details, and especially with Local practices.

I hope you know @oldngray.... is just old and gray. :biggrin:

But, I've always found retirees to be a valuable source of information when confirming things.

Do really think I can remember everything ?

Thebrownblob

This is where it gets interesting, since the company wants to nickel and dime us and make us punch out at exactly 8 to get eight, I have told the union members when they have an eight hour day do not give them one minute more pack it in and let them know you will be headed back to the building with stops left and getting your contractually guaranteed eight hour day.
That means off the clock and exactly 8 hours not headed back to the building in eight.

Whither

Scofflaw
You have quoted the appropriate language.

But the Devil is always in the details, and especially with Local practices.

I hope you know @oldngray.... is just old and gray. :biggrin:

But, I've always found retirees to be a valuable source of information when confirming things.

Do really think I can remember everything ?
As I've said, Dennis Roberts has taken an interest in the matter.

What it all turns on is, the employee alone has the authority to break the guarantee. And this is why, despite grumbling after getting caught trying to falsify our time cards, they would concede and restore the paycode. "I did not agree to take pay actual." I can recall a few easy days delivering LIBs and chasing misloads after I qualified. One time I came back with about 7 hrs clocked, a supe was waiting. "Are you willing to take a pay actual or do you want your 8?" As it should be: management should do the managing.

It is brazen of the company to preemptively code all employees as 05. That is a direct attack on the guarantee.

Cheesypurpletees

They got tired of me following ORION; I've been in RDO for months. And they've kept my dispatch reasonable.

I never mind leaving work early as long as I'm getting paid for 8.

I don't get why some are scandalized by that. Carol Tome obviously isn't concerned about getting paid for work she doesn't do. Nor is anyone here troubled to receive paid vacation ("But you're not working!").

It’s possible leaving work before 8 hours only helps cut routes and screws the guy with lower seniority. Don’t run and take your breaks

Whither

Scofflaw
It’s possible leaving work before 8 hours only helps cut routes and screws the guy with lower seniority. Don’t run and take your breaks
Again. Please. Read. The. Damn. Thread. Before you make accusations, thank you.

I get that some/many of y'all are severely understaffed. It's terrible. I filed and was paid at least 25 9.5 grieves between April 2020 and July 2021. We've lucked out at my building this year - perhaps in part bc so many of us called the company's bluff and refused to work endless 6 punches the past 2 years, despite their threats and discipline. Perhaps it was just dumb luck. I don't know.

I know how to make their 6.5 hr plan last 8 hrs. But if I can finish it safely in 7.5 hrs and collect 8 hrs pay, that's what I'm going to do. I work to live my friend.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who moderated away my pic of JC?
9tkVlTdmWzlt.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What am I missing? Apparently the company is paying code 5 if you leave before 8 hours. Where I am, they will pay you only for hours worked. As per management, if you want 8 you must stay for 8. They have that right, and you have the right to 8 hours pay.

We are our own worst enemy-working code 5 or coming to work then going home. Push a broom for 8 hours.

You need to vote bonus in
The runner gunners get done at 4:00 and paid for 8,9 sometimes 10 hours (depending on how many Red Bulls they chug among other things)
Any “bonus” earned is paid at time + half

vvv

They dispatch me in RDO because I gave them the ORION treatment :wink-very:
DITTO!! After just 2 days they turned my ORION off about 3 years ago or whenever it started in my area and I haven't dealt with it since.
3 trucks came to me a couple days in a row :)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You need to vote bonus in
The runner gunners get done at 4:00 and paid for 8,9 sometimes 10 hours (depending on how many Red Bulls they chug among other things)
Any “bonus” earned is paid at time + half
No way they would do that here. I'm surprised in these runner-gunner bonus centers management hasn't already manipulated bonus calculations?

Whither

Scofflaw
Oh they do manipulate the numbers
The runners just run faster
We have a few people interested in bonus in my center, because some of the centers in a nearby hub are bonus. I always argue against it. Bonus is a perverse incentive. It encourages drivers to put their own, and the public's, safety at risk. The Teamsters should never have allowed bonus babies, and hopefully we can end it sooner than later. Production speed-ups for any reward, let alone one the company has control over, are harmful to the brotherhood.

Thebrownblob

We have a few people interested in bonus in my center, because some of the centers in a nearby hub are bonus. I always argue against it. Bonus is a perverse incentive. It encourages drivers to put their own, and the public's, safety at risk. The Teamsters should never have allowed bonus babies, and hopefully we can end it sooner than later. Production speed-ups for any reward, let alone one the company has control over, are harmful to the brotherhood.
Ever seen a hamster in a hamster wheel? That’s the bonus system. Constantly moving the numbers while you furiously spin the wheel, and get nowhere.