Drivers who went to college

Efficient PT Air Driver

The prowess of 3 sorph
Earned a BBA with an emphasis in Finance in the spring of 2014. Job market was bear and couldnt land a job after a rigorous summer job search. Applied for a casual/seasonal ft driver job. Went through 1 week training. Got a call 3 weeks later about an opening for a bid eam air driver position and took offering. I drive FT 5 months( Summer and Peak) out of a year and have reached top rate as an air driver. Plans to become a FT driver eventually.

Efficient PT Air Driver

The prowess of 3 sorph
Earned a BBA with an emphasis in Finance in the spring of 2014. Job market was bear and couldnt land a job after a rigorous summer job search. Applied for a casual/seasonal FT driver job. Went through 1 week training. Got a call 3 weeks later about an opening for a bid eam air driver position and took offering. I drive FT 5 months( Summer and Peak) out of a year and have reached top rate as an air driver. Plans to become a FT driver eventually.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Did I miss it some place?? Did you stay with the girl
For about 6 years afterwards, never did get married. We went our separate ways and I paid child support to the tune of 24% net off my check based on 80k while I was a store manager. That's when I came to UPS looking for the benefits to cover me and my kid while I tried to figure out what direction I was going to go. Even though my income dropped more than 50% I was still obligated to pay based on the above calculations, hence while I had to keep two jobs rolling.

Met my current wife while here, had two kids and the rest is history. Been working in some fashion ever since the 11th grade. If I had any regrets it might be that I never did really enjoy my younger years as I felt I was always treading water. I think it has fashioned me into a very responsible person, sometimes to a fault I don't enjoy some aspects of life. My wife helps me with that now.

Keenj

Not if Hillary gets her way. You will be taxed out of existence.

I really don't see it happening if she tried. It may work in liberal hell holes like California and New York, but there's a lot of country in between that won't sit idly by and let it happen.

Keenj

With gun laws trending toward more restrictive you probably made a good choice. That could be a big big money skill in 20 years (even more if guns become totally illegal)

Gun control is still a losing issue outside of the few liberal cesspools.

That and it would be impossible to restrict the tools and materials required to make them without putting numerous other companies that have nothing to do with gun making in a tight spot.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
For about 6 years afterwards, never did get married. We went our separate ways and I paid child support to the tune of 24% net off my check based on 80k while I was a store manager. That's when I came to UPS looking for the benefits to cover me and my kid while I tried to figure out what direction I was going to go. Even though my income dropped more than 50% I was still obligated to pay based on the above calculations, hence while I had to keep two jobs rolling.

Met my current wife while here, had two kids and the rest is history. Been working in some fashion ever since the 11th grade. If I had any regrets it might be that I never did really enjoy my younger years as I felt I was always treading water. I think it has fashioned me into a very responsible person, sometimes to a fault I don't enjoy some aspects of life. My wife helps me with that now.

Hey. U were responsible. Much respect. You worked your ass off. If you didn't. You probably would have ended up like 95% of the kids today ---LAZY AS HELL. I'm in the old fashion crowd too

InsideUPS

I was wondering if there are any other drivers who went to college? I graduated but due to the crappy job market for my major, I started driving at UPS and now make more than all of my friends. Not even at top pay yet.
I wish I would have known about UPS earlier. Although a degree is a good fall back, I could have saved my money.

We all have a Ph.D. from the University of Parcel Services commonly known as the "Package Handling Degree" ;-) .......

My personal roadmap in life included earning an M.S. in Limnology as a part-timer and then starting my own business... Having your own business is both rewarding and also full of various headaches at times.... There are times I have regretted not going driving and then there are times I'm glad I didn't. Having a degree as a driver certainly opens several doors in the future if you decide to go into management. Basically it gives you a few more options in life regardless of what your degree may be in. The trouble with driving today is that many individuals are not starting their driving career until later in life, thereby making a 30 year full-time retirement very difficult if not impossible. The future of the Union is also something that would concern me along with competition from Amazon, etc........ so don't throw away that piece of "paper" just yet.

I agree with others.....college is big business and the number of degrees handed out is far too many for the number of good jobs available. I remember the day when you would hear "To get a good job.....get a good education".... The Amish here in Ohio go to the eighth grade and do extremely well in both their business and personal life. (for the most part).

ITwannabe

Went to college for two years and studied Geology....became too expensive...and the job market dropped for my major....got married and hired off the street ft driver while my wife finished her degree BSN RN. Just finished my BS in Computer Science and I'm working on my Masters still while driving full-time......Orion is my motivation....a monkey could make a program better than that!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Planned day?

No such animal.

Their numbers are fantasyland.

You had an 11 hour actual day.
Spot on...and in today's ups if you had an 11 hour planed day you would have had 600 stops...they have adjusted the numbers to account for 9.5 problems..it's a corporate scam...