driving dq?

LGM1986

I've been working preload over 4 years now and have been waiting for my chance to go full time driving. I was told that I was pretty high on seniority list in my area I recently got into a car accident. I panicked and ran like an idiot. Obviously writing this I was caught and was charge with leaving scene of an accident. The rest of my driving record is clean. Does this banned me from ever becoming a driver in the future?

km3

You'll probably have to wait a couple more years. But it also seems to vary by building. I spoke with a guy from HR just this past week and he said that you can have up to 3 violations in the past 3 years, and still get a driving position. The exception is for DUI, and DWI. And having a suspended license puts you in a position where you have to wait 5 years after reinstatement.

The most accurate answer that you're going to get is going to come from your HR department. Try and track them down before leaving after your shift is finished.

Retiree

You can't have a moving violation within the last year and no more than three in the last three years. The op's scenario described above would DQ him for one year.

35years

Gravy route
Is leaving the seen of an accident considered a criminal violation?
If so and you are charged with a gross misdemeanor or a felony you better get a good lawyer and try to have it reduced. Often you can work a plea bargain so the violation is wiped clean after a year.

upschuck

Is leaving the seen of an accident considered a criminal violation?
If so and you are charged with a gross misdemeanor or a felony you better get a good lawyer and try to have it reduced. Often you can work a plea bargain so the violation is wiped clean after a year.
Depends on what state you are in, but if there is an injury, than yes, I believe it is a felony.

clean hairy

Was the other person injured?
In Texas leaving the scene of an accident and not rendering aid is a felony.
Might be a lesser felony if the other person was not injured.

McGee

I've been working preload over 4 years now and have been waiting for my chance to go full time driving. I was told that I was pretty high on seniority list in my area I recently got into a car accident. I panicked and ran like an idiot. Obviously writing this I was caught and was charge with leaving scene of an accident. The rest of my driving record is clean. Does this banned me from ever becoming a driver in the future?
@RonBurgandy?????????? is that you??? :D

moldsporh

OP....why on earth did you run from an accident scene? Don't you watch cops???

But on a serious note, you REALLY need to change your thought processes. If you caused the accident and ran then you definitely need to seek legal counsel.

This company frowns on dishonesty despite some practices of management which is another story.