driving dq?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by LGM1986, Mar 11, 2016.

  1. LGM1986

    LGM1986 New Member

    I've been working preload over 4 years now and have been waiting for my chance to go full time driving. I was told that I was pretty high on seniority list in my area I recently got into a car accident. I panicked and ran like an idiot. Obviously writing this I was caught and was charge with leaving scene of an accident. The rest of my driving record is clean. Does this banned me from ever becoming a driver in the future?
  2. Savvy412

    Savvy412 Active Member

    The "rest" is clean lol
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. underworked1

    underworked1 Active Member

    Gotta be clean for 3 years. Try again in 3 years
  4. silenze

    silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

    That weed will make you do some crazy things
  5. Billy Ray

    Billy Ray God, help us all.....

    I concur with your acknowledgement of being an idiot.
  6. upschuck

    upschuck Well-Known Member

    Live and learn, actions have consequences.
  7. Bastiatian

    Bastiatian Well-Known Member

    You'll probably have to wait a couple more years. But it also seems to vary by building. I spoke with a guy from HR just this past week and he said that you can have up to 3 violations in the past 3 years, and still get a driving position. The exception is for DUI, and DWI. And having a suspended license puts you in a position where you have to wait 5 years after reinstatement.

    The most accurate answer that you're going to get is going to come from your HR department. Try and track them down before leaving after your shift is finished.
  8. Retiree

    Retiree Active Member

    You can't have a moving violation within the last year and no more than three in the last three years. The op's scenario described above would DQ him for one year.
  9. 35years

    35years Well-Known Member

    Is leaving the seen of an accident considered a criminal violation?
    If so and you are charged with a gross misdemeanor or a felony you better get a good lawyer and try to have it reduced. Often you can work a plea bargain so the violation is wiped clean after a year.
  10. upschuck

    upschuck Well-Known Member

    Depends on what state you are in, but if there is an injury, than yes, I believe it is a felony.
  11. cosmo1

    cosmo1 Now, a low life jack wagon, and still loving it.

    All around bone-headed move.
  12. Wally

    Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

    I like the DQ blizzard.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. clean hairy

    clean hairy Well-Known Member

    Was the other person injured?
    In Texas leaving the scene of an accident and not rendering aid is a felony.
    Might be a lesser felony if the other person was not injured.
  14. jbg77

    jbg77 Active Member

    I'm really surprised this is even a question.
  15. Mesomorph

    Mesomorph Sleep walking in a minefield

  16. Gumby

    Gumby *

    Now you tell me. 30 years later
  17. Mesomorph

    Mesomorph Sleep walking in a minefield

    In my area it's 1 year, but in some areas it's 3 years. It's best to just go to HR and clear things up tbh
  18. McGee

    McGee Well-Known Member

    @RonBurgandy?????????? is that you??? :D
  19. moldsporh

    moldsporh Active Member

    OP....why on earth did you run from an accident scene? Don't you watch cops???

    But on a serious note, you REALLY need to change your thought processes. If you caused the accident and ran then you definitely need to seek legal counsel.

    This company frowns on dishonesty despite some practices of management which is another story.
  20. Brownslave688

    Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.