Driving wait

menotyou

bella amicizia
I guess Knoxville tn is the worst, I've been here for 12 1/2 years still pt. Last guy to go full time was 2 or 3 years ago and he started in 1997. So i guess our wait is endless.
The top seniority guy on our Preload has been there 15 years. Next, 14. They would have been full-time by now if they would stop cutting routes.

mikemo86

I applied for a driver position online and after the application process it asked me for an appointment with a human resource person.What does that mean does that mean an interview at the ups location or on the phone or what does this mean because i have not picked a date yet.

NewChris

HR told me when I was hired I could be driving in less than 2 years. I tried really hard not to laugh in his face. I know it takes 8+ years. The sad thing is, so does he.

brett636

Where are they hiring drivers off the street?

Here, out of the last 20 people brought into our feeder department I think 15 came off the street(exhausted number of current employees who were either interested or could survive the training). There is a list up now and I'm hearing they may have to bring in close to 40(volume is expanding rapidly), and I bet the same will hold true when the dust settles on this one as well.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It's got to be hard to put more volume on a feeder once it is full. Sups can't shuttle out to those, can they? Where are they hiring package car drivers?

menotyou

bella amicizia
The medical reasons have to be certain ones. Failing to go FT, just puts you back where you were. You went back because you never went FT in the first place.

bluehdmc

A few months ago I was in HR by me, (north jersey) and they were hiring package car drivers off the street. I know I saw the a couple of the "training" package cars running around. We have large hubs here though.

Re-Raise

A few months ago I was in HR by me, (north jersey) and they were hiring package car drivers off the street. I know I saw the a couple of the "training" package cars running around. We have large hubs here though.

Probably seasonal drivers not seniority drivers.

barnyard

KTM rider
Right now, the area around the Bakken oil field in North Dakota is hiring drivers off the street. Evidently, most of the staff of three different buildings left to work the oil fields. PTers from Mn, Ia and SD are all being told that they can transfer and maintain seniority. I also heard that supes from around the midwest all being forced to rotate through those buildings to help keep them staffed.

The drawback, of course, is that you would have to live in North Dakota (the other drawback, working for UPS, goes without saying.)

barnyard

KTM rider
Here, out of the last 20 people brought into our feeder department I think 15 came off the street(exhausted number of current employees who were either interested or could survive the training). There is a list up now and I'm hearing they may have to bring in close to 40(volume is expanding rapidly), and I bet the same will hold true when the dust settles on this one as well.

Where (other than ND) is UPS hiring feeders off the street?????

I have to go out of package.

Dynomite

Right now, the area around the Bakken oil field in North Dakota is hiring drivers off the street. Evidently, most of the staff of three different buildings left to work the oil fields. PTers from Mn, Ia and SD are all being told that they can transfer and maintain seniority. I also heard that supes from around the midwest all being forced to rotate through those buildings to help keep them staffed.

The drawback, of course, is that you would have to live in North Dakota (the other drawback, working for UPS, goes without saying.)

Will they take IL people? I want to become a driver soo bad.. I am about to move to Orlando so my seniority is going to drop back to the bottom and my 3 years will be pointless... I don't want to load for another 5 years before they even look at me..

barnyard

KTM rider
Will they take IL people? I want to become a driver soo bad.. I am about to move to Orlando so my seniority is going to drop back to the bottom and my 3 years will be pointless... I don't want to load for another 5 years before they even look at me..

They have not been getting many takers. Check UPSers, it was posted up there a month ago. If not there, check with your local HR.