DRO Concerns

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
let us balance the loads .....i prefer vrp over vision. on paper vision is better if package handlers scanned all the boxes... and easier to load
still on the vision / sid system

I'm still getting way too many 999s or zeroes as well as a handful of unscanned boxes.

I'll stop during the preload, and look them up on my GPS, then appropriately assign them to the correct sid section & cram them in... sometimes, I'll rush and set the zeroes aside, only to find out they're no where near my service area (code 012 /misload)

dmac1

Trucks should be loaded by area, no matter what the delivery sequence is- provided you can access the area. Then if you end up being routed such that you bypass one stop in an area, at least you know where the package is. If you load by sequence, you may be right around the corner from another package and know it is quicker to deliver it out of sequence no matter what some computer says. It just allows more flexibility and it is a visual aid to see how much you have in a particular area. It takes only a second to look at an address on a package instead of a sequence number and load it accordingly. And when you grab the package, you can glance quickly at other packages in that zone if you can't recall it in your head.

OrioN

I did that when I had a regular bid route in the past. I'm a cover/ swing now

And I'm doing that same thing for the 999s / zeroes

sadmanhere

Trucks should be loaded by area, no matter what the delivery sequence is- provided you can access the area. Then if you end up being routed such that you bypass one stop in an area, at least you know where the package is. If you load by sequence, you may be right around the corner from another package and know it is quicker to deliver it out of sequence no matter what some computer says. It just allows more flexibility and it is a visual aid to see how much you have in a particular area. It takes only a second to look at an address on a package instead of a sequence number and load it accordingly. And when you grab the package, you can glance quickly at other packages in that zone if you can't recall it in your head.

sequence numbers are better for loading you can cross reference the sequence and address off a manifest or scanner
and its easier for the eyes to pick out packages from afar with sequence instead of looking at the label...dont know what you're talking about

OrioN

The SiD sections are adaptable, the BC just have to make sure to have more of it, based on the route/ density.

The terminal I'm in now got it so it's a cluster of 10 ~ dozen stops per section

I just cram all the high sections first and lower sections down the middle, with the first dozen stops by the bulkhead (smalls) or rear doors (oversized or bulk)

sadmanhere

The SiD sections are adaptable, the BC just have to make sure to have more of it, based on the route/ density.

The terminal I'm in now got it so it's a cluster of 10 ~ dozen stops per section

I just cram all the high sections first and lower sections down the middle, with the first dozen stops by the bulkhead (smalls) or rear doors (oversized or bulk)
how many stops are you doing a day

OrioN

As a swing, anything from 80 to 180 stops a day, but it takes 45 minutes to an hour to the service area.

Today, I was missing a handful of boxes, neighbor driver had it in his truck.

But, the zeroes were actually plotted in the manifest! So I just loaded them to the correct SiD section and drove.

MAKAVELI

As a swing, anything from 80 to 180 stops a day, but it takes 45 minutes to an hour to the service area.

Today, I was missing a handful of boxes, neighbor driver had it in his truck.

But, the zeroes were actually plotted in the manifest! So I just loaded them to the correct SiD section and drove.
SMH...
Just fine sort your load before you leave and that won't be a problem.

OrioN

SMH...
Just fine sort your load before you leave and that won't be a problem.

Wut are u talking about? I just answered his question & already fine sorted the load. To the point of leaving closed businesses behind as well.

I have no problem with the new single stream since the BC here knows what he's doing.

Not like at the other terminal, where my clusters were 20 -30 stops per section

MAKAVELI

Wut are u talking about? I just answered his question & already fine sorted the load. To the point of leaving closed businesses behind as well.

I have no problem with the new single stream since the BC here knows what he's doing.

Not like at the other terminal, where my clusters were 20 -30 stops per section
If a neighboring route has a bunch of stops on their truck that's not theirs, that's because they aren't looking at the addresses versus what's their actual route boundaries. No one's fault but the driver.

OrioN

Not my fault if those preloaders are being rushed to the point of mis loads, so the management can get their bonuses. Most of the weekend drivers are swing/ covers.

I don't have a set area anymore as well, but...

I clear every SiD section on route & discover unscanned boxes on the fly as well... the main point is to get dispatched ASAP.

The other terminal, I had to check every single box as I load in stop order. Still done that now to leave behind known closed businesses

Now, just load from high sections to low n go

MAKAVELI

Not my fault if those preloaders are being rushed to the point of mis loads, so the management can get their bonuses. Most of the weekend drivers are swing/ covers.

I don't have a set area anymore as well, but...

I clear every SiD section on route & discover unscanned boxes on the fly as well... the main point is to get dispatched ASAP.

The other terminal, I had to check every single box as I load in stop order. Still done that now to leave behind known closed businesses

Now, just load from high sections to low n go
Bro, it's pretty simple, ask your contractor for route boundaries on any route you are put on. If they can't do that, you might want to consider working for someone who does.

It will be fine

Bro, it's pretty simple, ask your contractor for route boundaries on any route you are put on. If they can't do that, you might want to consider working for someone who does.
Bro, the boundaries can change everyday. You may want to consider not weighing in on a sorting system you clearly don’t understand.

bbsam

Staff member
From what we’ve found so far, we can set routes (anchor areas) any way we want to. We can basically set the routes we have now if we want to. They say that defeats the purpose of DRO.

Some have decided that the purpose of DRO needs to be defeated.

It will be fine

If DRO was designed by someone who never has delivered packages before, then yes it does.
Not only have they never delivered, they never managed delivery drivers. They’ve never planned routes. They are several steps removed from operations. It’s a bad idea to begin with, so it’s flawed execution is almost secondary.

Nolimitz

Not only have they never delivered, they never managed delivery drivers. They’ve never planned routes. They are several steps removed from operations. It’s a bad idea to begin with, so it’s flawed execution is almost secondary.
Any you folks want more vol from express to make the world better. LMFAO