DRO Concerns

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Why not? Their routes will get smaller. They’ll do more stops in less time and have fewer pickups because of the routes I’ll have to add.
So where’s all these new drivers gonna come from to fill these new routes?

Even when you do get them, it’s gonna take time to get them up to speed. And then there’s employee retention...

BoxDriver

Getting new Ground drivers “sufficient” is one thing. Retention is totally different. Which leads to reliability vs efficiency.

Ground Driver for the past 6 years. I’ve been stopping by to read posts for over 5 years and finally felt the urge to post something. Here’s my DRO opinion after about 5 months. It was baptism by fire, you bang your head a lot asking if a FX asked for input, too many daily fires to put out on the backside to really get much help. Thankfully we’ve been on GC for at least 2 years.

1) You can set route boundaries. It’s a ton of work up front but your drivers will thank you. At least those who have been around the block once or twice.
2) SIDS are still a thing but don’t expect your days to start in the 1000s and flow to the 1500s on down the line. DRO has routing flaws and you might start with a 3000 then to 8500, to 1000, to 8000, to 1500 etc.
3) On average I was running 27sph before DRO, dropped to 21sph but now it’s back to 26/27.

On the other hand SmartPost volume increase was projected around 20% but it’s been closer to 45%. My Peak average was 135/215. Bumped up to 170/255 but has been dropping as more drivers are hired.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
DRO has routing flaws and you might start with a 3000 then to 8500, to 1000, to 8000, to 1500 etc.

tenor.gif

OrioN sales team sold that software to FXG and Amazon too???

Ugh, I can't be bothered to be jumping around sections like that...

tenor.gif

OrioN sales team sold that software to FXG and Amazon too???

Ugh, I can't be bothered to be jumping around sections like that...

It was a cluster, just like the first day they turned you loose on your own. If your first stop everyday is exactly the same then your BC can enter that address as stop 1 and it will always been in your 1000s.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Well these BCs / management better do #1 in your post to keep their current drivers from walking to the competition!

I'm also waiting for them to get ground cloud, but that's a major expense.

Amazon can have overviews of their whole route in their rabbit scanners, why can't we when we as well?

FXG had the hd vrp program, we had that ability. Couldn't they do this with the star V scanners?

paroge

Just passing thru
BC here getting ready to implement DRO. Quick question...does anyone have suggestions on naming their initial DRO routes? (e.g XYZ Inc 01, XYZ Inc Main St, XYZ Inc Walmart, etc). Terminal is no help and indifferent. Thanks in advance for any info.

It will be fine

BC here getting ready to implement DRO. Quick question...does anyone have suggestions on naming their initial DRO routes? (e.g XYZ Inc 01, XYZ Inc Main St, XYZ Inc Walmart, etc). Terminal is no help and indifferent. Thanks in advance for any info.
I used XYZ 1, XYZ 2 etc. I also have a separate map outside of DRO that has all the anchors drawn and the routes labeled for reference.