Drones: Here & Now Anyone Wonder Why All The New Trucks (Retrofit?)

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They will only work when an automated smalls feeding system gives the drone each box and performs deliveries completely autonomously while the driver is out doing other chit. No stopping to perform a delivery will be what makes this good.
Screw their bs, urban areas will benefit the most. But only when they fully meet strict urban flight requirements.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Oh good, they’re still using the same piece of :censored2: “Horsefly” drone shown in this UPS PR video last year.

“The HorseFly is an unmanned drone capable of delivering a 10-pound package and uses just 3 cents per mile to operate. Built with carbon fiber construction, the HorseFly is capable of flying at a max speed of 50 mph with a 30-minute flight time.”

“Last year, Workhorse and UPS teamed up to test the drone delivery, with the HorseFly successfully making a delivery from atop a UPS delivery vehicle in Lithia, FL. Workhorse built the electric UPS package car used in the test.“

Workhorse now making residential deliveries with HorseFly drone

Check out the end of this video for the drone :censored2: up before the roof door closes on it.

Great now if they build one to support the weight for two trampoline boxes, I am all in

MostHelpNeeded

Drones are over rated, at least in the right now. In the future, sure, they'll be everywhere :whistling just like the hoverboard I've been waiting for since 1985.

Let Amazon play with drones. They can deal with the fallout. Bombs will be so outdated. Why build bombs when you can just hack Amazons million+ drones to stop what they're doing, go down and pick up the largest rock in sight, fly up 500Ft and release. Ahhh, the future of terrorism lol.

In all seriousness; save the money on drones and mount a segway with an auto dismount/mount to the sides of the trucks. Zoom zoom haha long driveways will never be an issue again.

Foamer Pyle

This is all propaganda just like how great ORION is. This is for people to think we are high tech. Anyone ups driver knows this will never be mainstream. It’s for investors and people that don’t know what really goes on inside of ups operations
I can tell you, as a person with a drone license, and i own an expensive drone. That drone would only work in optimal weather conditions. I doubt that drone would be able to dock with the UPS truck in 10MPH winds. Wind gusts would move it, and props would be breaking, all day long. All of the new drones have GPS stabilization, but wind gusts can still blow them off course when landing.

john chesney

I can tell you, as a person with a drone license, and i own an expensive drone. That drone would only work in optimal weather conditions. I doubt that drone would be able to dock with the UPS truck in 10MPH winds. Wind gusts would move it, and props would be breaking, all day long. All of the new drones have GPS stabilization, but wind gusts can still blow them off course when landing.
We just had to have a drone cause Amazon had one. I believe amazon could eventually make a drone work but ups could :censored2: up a 2 car funeral

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Drones are over rated, at least in the right now. In the future, sure, they'll be everywhere :whistling just like the hoverboard I've been waiting for since 1985.

Let Amazon play with drones. They can deal with the fallout. Bombs will be so outdated. Why build bombs when you can just hack Amazons million+ drones to stop what they're doing, go down and pick up the largest rock in sight, fly up 500Ft and release. Ahhh, the future of terrorism lol.

In all seriousness; save the money on drones and mount a segway with an auto dismount/mount to the sides of the trucks. Zoom zoom haha long driveways will never be an issue again.
What theres more order now and get wait for it... my wife just showed me something on Facebook from a friend of hers up in Washington, seems some Papa johns is advertising on Facebook for customers to be testers for pizza drone delivery. Today guys not your hoverboard guess youll be getting papa johns first my question is can i order it and before they lift off give the the address of my next stop so i can have a hot snack at peak.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Funny stuff listening to the Luddites wishing it wasn't reality coming their way.

Sure, it’s coming someday but this is not ready for the real world yet. That sliding roof won’t last out here and what kind of protections are in place to keep the driver from moving the truck before the drone is secured and roof closed? The minute that roof has a malfunction they will have us disable it and into the lineup it goes as a regular truck.

Not only do I question the reliability of this system i also question if it would really save time in the real world.