Drop Boxes Driving Me a Little Crazy

MassWineGuy

When I use the LEO to open drop boxes I try both methods. Sometimes NFC works, sometimes Bluetooth. Sometimes neither. I use the same procedures with each box. Some open, others don’t. And it can differ each day.

I’ve found that NFC often takes up to a minute to make a sound and/or open the box. Bluetooth seems to work more consistently. But if it doesn’t, you’re stuck with either retrying or requesting the box code.

According to the senior manager, I am the only one at our station having this issue. My own manager has met me on the road, saw me use the prescribed methods and was as baffled as I was as to why the box didn’t open.

The SM is driving me crazy. She doesn’t see that if some boxes open, I must be doing the right thing. Typical FedEx attitude.

Anyone else have this difficulty?

whenIgetthere

When I use the LEO to open drop boxes I try both methods. Sometimes NFC works, sometimes Bluetooth. Sometimes neither. I use the same procedures with each box. Some open, others don’t. And it can differ each day.

I’ve found that NFC often takes up to a minute to make a sound and/or open the box. Bluetooth seems to work more consistently. But if it doesn’t, you’re stuck with either retrying or requesting the box code.

According to the senior manager, I am the only one at our station having this issue. My own manager has met me on the road, saw me use the prescribed methods and was as baffled as I was as to why the box didn’t open.

The SM is driving me crazy. She doesn’t see that if some boxes open, I must be doing the right thing. Typical FedEx attitude.

They're just on some report they don't want to be on.

purpder

Just hold the thing against the thing and it should open

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Use a pry bar to open the box, then take it out of service. I did that all the time.

Got tired of arguing with dispatch. Now you can send someone out to fix the damn thing.

MassWineGuy

That’s how I feel about opening them with their codes. I asked her (the SM) if she wanted me to waste time trying to use the LEO. Or to just use the code, get whatever’s inside and go. LEO’s more important. This is another example of the bizzaro world FedEx inhabits.

Spam

It’s not that difficult , you seem to be the problem🤦🏻‍♂️

MassWineGuy

Update: seems like more boxes are opening with the Leo, but I do need to use the code at times.

Yesterday the SM told dispatch not to give me codes anymore. What a gal! Oddly, almost every box opened on the first try. I’m still not doing anything different than what we were instructed. So if some days they open and other days they don’t, I can’t be doing anything wrong. Otherwise, none would open.

bacha29

Use a pry bar to open the box, then take it out of service. I did that all the time.

Got tired of arguing with dispatch. Now you can send someone out to fix the damn thing.
Now you're talking. Or better yet bring a Panzerfaust along with you. Trouble with using that thing is that it might require a longer distance walk. You know, through the store, out the back of the store, across the parking lot down over the embankment , have to sort through all the boxes the Ground guy has been dumping there for the past week and a half but in the end I'm sure you'll find what's left of the drop box and maybe some the contents still in it.

And the really good thing is that drop box won't be giving you anymore trouble. .

All part of some of the things you have to do just to break the facts down simple enough for station management understand the point you're trying to make.

Speaking slowly and using complete sentences.....That hasn't worked in years.

whenIgetthere

Update: seems like more boxes are opening with the Leo, but I do need to use the code at times.

Yesterday the SM told dispatch not to give me codes anymore. What a gal! Oddly, almost every box opened on the first try. I’m still not doing anything different than what we were instructed. So if some days they open and other days they don’t, I can’t be doing anything wrong. Otherwise, none would open.
Dispatch is notified anytime you open a box using the combo, SM is also notified. Manager tried to OLCC me for opening one of my drop boxes with the combo for a few weeks, because it was broken, I had notified my dispatcher and manager of it.