Dropbox Last PU times moved way up.

browned out

Is this happening in other areas? In our area; most of the last pick ups for letter boxes were 6:30 or even 7PM.

Currently the cut off times have been moved up to 4:30 or 5:30.

Kinda funny with the contract coming up. I don't see how this could possibly result in increased NDA volume and profit. FedEx cuts off at 7. Who's gonna get the high margin volume for nda dropped off after 5:30? Could it be FedEx? Na

Rationale? Anyone?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Is this happening in other areas? In our area; most of the last pick ups for letter boxes were 6:30 or even 7PM.

Kinda funny with the contract coming up. I don't see how this could possibly result in increased NDA volume and profit. FedEx cuts off at 7. Who's gonna get the high margin volume for nda dropped off after 5:30? Could it be FedEx? Na. Say it ain't so!

Rationale? Anyone?
TSP

GenericUsername

They've changed the majority of boxes here locally also. Maybe they're just trying to get the air in earlier so we stop leaving the building at 10 am daily?

Commercial Inside Release

Good to know, thanks for posting @browned out
Of course, getting pickups into the sort sooner might get things moving faster, I'm sure the whole supply chain working evenings and twilight are going to have fits and meltdowns. How long will this last?

Who knew you can't make things go faster by just continuing to whip the people in the "last mile" of operations.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Visited a drop box a couple weeks ago to pick up some shipping supplies. There was a sign taped to it stating that if the box wasn't removed from the property within a week it would be thrown away. UPS probably stopped paying the fee for the space. Should have tossed it in the back of my car and brought it to a recycling center.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ours locally were always 4 pm. I had one on my route that was 2 pm. It was in front of the small town NAPA store. I used to get their stuff to them as early as possible. When I retired UPS changed my route around to where they got their stuff after 2 pm.. The hated it so much they told UPS to take their letter box and shove it up their butt. It was replaced with a FedEx drop box. :-)

browned out

No doubt.
TSP. Thrift Savings Plan. Spot on! In times long past we always left out the word Savings and just referred to it as the Thrift Plan. I did contribute $2 a week to the  Thrift  Savings  Plan back in the day!
Very perceptive. I think i have two gold stars left. One for each of you. YaY!

Last edited:
TSP. Thrift Savings Plan. Spot on! In times long past we always left out the word Savings and just referred to it as the Thrift Plan. I did contribute $2 a week to the  Thrift  Savings  Plan back in the day!
Very perceptive. I think i have two gold stars left. One for each of you. YaY!
I contributed the $6/wk max. Paid over 20% for many years and a small amount could turn into tens of thousands. Then when UPS went public my small amount turned into about $66k and I got out and turned it into an IRA fund. Even with the recent downturn it is still worth over $400k. Not bad for a PT job.

Thebrownblob

They are eliminating the PM air driver positions here.
We still have them but I’m not sure how long most of the box have moved up in time I think the latest one is now 530 and the earliest 430. There’s a couple big shippers who ship all air and want a later pick up, that’s keeping them from doing it.

opie

We still have them but I’m not sure how long most of the box have moved up in time I think the latest one is now 530 and the earliest 430. There’s a couple big shippers who ship all air and want a later pick up, that’s keeping them from doing it.
Maybe depending on customer needs in the area, they'll keep a high seniority air driver. But most are being eliminated. For 22.3s, this is likely a bump in pay to the top rate for insiders. No more split rate.

PM PT air drivers will lose their air pay and work inside. Maybe an option to work EAMs if there is a opportunity.

some1else

What a big shift. We had drop boxes with 8:30 as the latest pickup time. 30minutes from the building which is about 20 minutes from the airport. The route I would have added to mine when the air center was short staffed had 6 boxes between 745 and 830. I wonder what they are now.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Kinda funny with the contract coming up. I don't see how this could possibly result in increased NDA volume and profit. FedEx cuts off at 7. Who's gonna get the high margin volume for nda dropped off after 5:30? Could it be FedEx? Na

Rationale? Anyone?
Isn't that moved down, not up? New times are earlier, not later.