Dropping like Flys

TeamLift

Went to work this morning and found out that the guy who loads beside me, fired. Woman called in and said he left a signature package at her house that she did not sign for. Now I find out that we all have to go to the office this week and show our license and medical card so they can do a background check on us because they just fired a ground driver who was driving with a suspended license. Don't tell me you have to have a years driving experience to drive for ground, they hire nothing but trash over there. A lot of their drivers remind me of one of the guys Mike Tyson knocked out, the commentator said he ain't got no brains, he ain't got no skills, and he damn sure ain't got no drivers license.

Purplepackage

Though forging a signature is absolutely wrong and obvisouly grounds for immedite Fire.

I think my question is what kind of person complains that the package was left at their house? If it's there and wasn't stolen that driver got unlucky by delivering to the one bitchy lady

dezguy

Though forging a signature is absolutely wrong and obvisouly grounds for immedite Fire.

I think my question is what kind of person complains that the package was left at their house? If it's there and wasn't stolen that driver got unlucky by delivering to the one bitchy lady
I had a woman who asked me to leave packages at her back door, if she wasn't home. First time she wasn't home, went around back and left her package between her screen door and the back door. Lady called in to complain I had left her package.

Luckily I had a manager who was a pretty good guy and he let me off with a "don't do that again". I got back at her eventually though. She really needed a package one day and left a note on her door saying to leave it at the back door, unsigned. Coded it and when I had a CSR ask if I could go back, "sorry, too busy!" lol

bbsam

Staff member
Went to work this morning and found out that the guy who loads beside me, fired. Woman called in and said he left a signature package at her house that she did not sign for. Now I find out that we all have to go to the office this week and show our license and medical card so they can do a background check on us because they just fired a ground driver who was driving with a suspended license. Don't tell me you have to have a years driving experience to drive for ground, they hire nothing but trash over there. A lot of their drivers remind me of one of the guys Mike Tyson knocked out, the commentator said he ain't got no brains, he ain't got no skills, and he damn sure ain't got no drivers license.
So do you lose sleep over this company? Half the time I can't tell if you are Ground or Express. Doesn't matter though. We're all Ground now.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
giphy.gif

MassWineGuy

I got back at her eventually though. She really needed a package one day and left a note on her door saying to leave it at the back door, unsigned. Coded it and when I had a CSR ask if I could go back, "sorry, too busy!" lol

It's also amazing how suddenly a seemingly correct address can turn bad and make it impossible to deliver a package. Requires at least another day for research.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had a woman who asked me to leave packages at her back door, if she wasn't home. First time she wasn't home, went around back and left her package between her screen door and the back door. Lady called in to complain I had left her package.

Luckily I had a manager who was a pretty good guy and he let me off with a "don't do that again". I got back at her eventually though. She really needed a package one day and left a note on her door saying to leave it at the back door, unsigned. Coded it and when I had a CSR ask if I could go back, "sorry, too busy!" lol

That's why I make no arrangements with customers. Everything by the book, no deviations. I've found that when you make special arrangements with customers it almost always bites you in the butt eventually. I just tell them, sorry, I need my job and that could get me fired. Then, give them other legit options.

dezguy

That's why I make no arrangements with customers. Everything by the book, no deviations. I've found that when you make special arrangements with customers it almost always bites you in the butt eventually. I just tell them, sorry, I need my job and that could get me fired. Then, give them other legit options.
Trust me, after that, everything was by the books. Even customers I had a previous "arrangement" with were told I had to do things the right way.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I tell people who want special things like have me sign for the package: "Falsification is instant termination". Even my $100 cash tip a year customer doesn't get me to sign for his pkgs.

whenIgetthere

I tell people who want special things like have me sign for the package: "Falsification is instant termination". Even my $100 cash tip a year customer doesn't get me to sign for his pkgs.

Had one like that a few weeks ago, finally there to sign on the third ate,pt. he says to just scribble his name next time, told him that ain't gonna happen, but I'd be glad to have his package held for pickup at the station in the future.

Goldilocks

Because they paid for a signature! End of story.

Goldilocks

Welcome to our world ( Express). Every year they verify our license. Most manager's falsify everyday, but we are held in a different class because we have contact with the customer. And no, I don't agree with this, the managers should also be terminated. But if I as a customer pay for a signature, by golly I better get a signature or I will be calling the Call Center.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
But if I as a customer pay for a signature, by golly I better get a signature or I will be calling the Call Center.
Well if this happens with a Ground delivery you're wasting your time as I once found out. At the most they'll just get 40 lashes with a wet noodle and the driver will continue with business as usual.

TeamLift

Because they paid for a signature! End of story.

Customers do not pay for signatures, they are requested by the shipper of the product only. Customers complain all the time about having to sign. Only thing I can think of was she was wanting to cancel the order or refuse it, otherwise she would not said anything and just took it.

TeamLift

Welcome to our world ( Express). Every year they verify our license. Most manager's falsify everyday, but we are held in a different class because we have contact with the customer. And no, I don't agree with this, the managers should also be terminated. But if I as a customer pay for a signature, by golly I better get a signature or I will be calling the Call Center.

The only thing customers pay for are appointments, they do not have anything to do with a signature, that all has to do with the price of the item as well as other factors like privacy or adult products or certain drugs.

Nolimitz

The only thing customers pay for are appointments, they do not have anything to do with a signature, that all has to do with the price of the item as well as other factors like privacy or adult products or certain drugs.

Hey dipS__T the shipper (paying for Sig) is the customer... not the end recipient.... End of story.

Goldilocks

Customers do not pay for signatures, they are requested by the shipper of the product only. Customers complain all the time about having to sign. Only thing I can think of was she was wanting to cancel the order or refuse it, otherwise she would not said anything and just took it.

Well, I guess I have been ripped off for a very long time now. Because I always use sign required. It's added to my bill.