Drug testing for package handler or driver's helper

Vilmatic

I applied for package handler and driver's helper's... i was wondering if any of these positions require UA's...i've been clean now for 3 weeks... no more smoking the ganja,it get's old...time for a change in my life:thumbup1:

any feedback would be great?

25yrvet

"Are you stoned or just act that way?"
Never mind--The guy has been stoned so many times he acts that way all the time now.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
you think if they tested anyone in the hubs they would have any employies just make sure you dont come to work stoned or drunk and your fine ups doesnt have the right to tell you what you can do in your personal time

jlphotog

No drug test required, which really surprised me when I went for my medical. Even the nurse thought it was strange.

Just FYI, that crap stays in your system for as much as six weeks. So three weeks wouldn't do it if a drug test was required.

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
No drug test required, which really surprised me when I went for my medical. Even the nurse thought it was strange.

Just FYI, that crap stays in your system for as much as six weeks. So three weeks wouldn't do it if a drug test was required.

Not always, depends on the individual, water intake so on and so forth. How healthy you are and stuff like that. I've passed in 10 days notice.

UPS does not test. If they did, their part-time and half of their full-time workforce would not exist.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I'm suprised how much drug testing there is in the US, you go to a convienence store and they proudly post that their employees pass drug tests. Out of the 14 jobs I've had (including a summer job with customs), I never got a dope test.

DS

Fenderbender
IMHO I think the term drugs is way too vague.Obviously pot is in a different category than cocaine,metamphetamines or LSD.

hoser

Industrial Slob
My opinion-alcohol is far worse than weed.
One goes directly through the lung, the other not so much.
With moderate consumption, one leads to higher risk of lung cancer, the other no proven risk.
One creates pretentious hippies that have all the ideas to make the world great but are too stupid, lazy, and visionless to do it. The other creates the leaders of this world.

One is seen as non-addictive and not hazardous to drive under the influence, the other is framed as more harmful as weed...

IMHO I think the term drugs is way too vague.Obviously pot is in a different category than cocaine,metamphetamines or LSD.
Or people who consume drugs like dexedrine who would show hits for amphetamines, and the privacy issue involved in telling the employer that they're on that prescription drug.

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
One goes directly through the lung, the other not so much.
With moderate consumption, one leads to higher risk of lung cancer, the other no proven risk.
One creates pretentious hippies that have all the ideas to make the world great but are too stupid, lazy, and visionless to do it. The other creates the leaders of this world.

One is seen as non-addictive and not hazardous to drive under the influence, the other is framed as more harmful as weed...

Or people who consume drugs like dexedrine who would show hits for amphetamines, and the privacy issue involved in telling the employer that they're on that prescription drug.

The FDA released a statement about 2 months ago that despite the amount of tar and carcinogens in marijuana smoke, one is at no greater risk for lung cancer. In fact, the risk decreases due to a certain chemical in it. Not sure what exactly it is, as it has been some time since I read it. At any rate it is much less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol.

As for your ignorant statement about hippies, it sounds like you might have meant liberals. People decide whether to be lazy or not, not a drug. Hippies aren't visionless, they have LSD. IE...They have plenty of visions. Stupidity wouldn't allow them to have the ideas to begin with. This we could argue for hours and get nowhere.