DUDE BREAKING WOMAN'S CYCLING RECORDS

Superteeth2478

I agree women’s sports are silly, they aren’t good at them. They should stick to baking.
Well hell, since we're on the topic, I don't think it'd be fair for men to compete against women in a baking competition! Men would probably get slaughtered in a baking competition against women!

But in all seriousness, I NEVER said women's sports were silly. What is silly is pitting women against men in competitions where strength or dexterity would offer a clear advantage. They'll always lose. Even competitions of elite level women vs. mediocre men's teams. The soccer scrimmage of the U.S. Women's National Team vs. a bunch of 15 year-olds and the 50 year-old man beating Venus and Serena are proof enough of that.

And just to say it again: WEIGHTLIFTING? No, just no...the strongest middle-school boys who are just training for football and not purely for powerlifting would beat elite-level women powerlifters who have dedicated their lives to the sport. It's simply not a fair competition. Now if the women were hopped up on steroids that'd be a different story...but then that's the point behind it being wrong that transwomen are competing against biological women, isn't it?

Last edited:

It will be fine

It’s funny what people get riled up about.
I’m mostly playing devil’s advocate, but I really don’t see what the big deal is. I don’t believe it’s a real widespread issue. I think trans people are the last group that remains to openly marginalize. People can say they’re crazy and they should just friend off.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's just ridiculous, and you know it. Transwomen are mentally closer to women, hence why they identify as such, but physically they are men. They take hormones so that their physical traits more closely match their mental traits.

By your logic, then, if a real competitor rises to the level of the competition, why have separate women/men teams when you can just throw them all together and see if the women "rise to the level of competition"? They'll get slaughtered EVERY SINGLE TIME if physical strength/dexterity play even a TINY role in the outcome of the sport. Which is the case for just about EVERY SINGLE SPORT.

Professional women's teams wouldn't even beat elite high school male teams at things like basketball/football/etc. That's just a hard fact of the matter that results from differences in physical strength/dexterity. Anyone who claims otherwise is just so insistent on the idea that "men and women are equal" that they have become delusional.

Oh GOD, and you're even mentioning weightlifting? A competition of PURE STRENGTH? Sure, let's just have men and women compete against each other in a competition of PURE STRENGTH and see how they fare against each other! Women who can't beat men just aren't "rising to the level of competition!"

I mean, just look at this page for bench press strength standards...
ExRx.net : Bench Press Standards

A woman in the "Elite" class who weighs 199+ bench presses 220 pounds on average. An "Elite" level male who weights 114 pounds benches that same amount! Hell, my one-rep max in the bench press is 220 pounds and I only weigh 130! I barely even workout, and usually find reasons to skip workouts, and I'm still stronger than an elite level woman that has more than 70 pounds on me! So it's fair for me to compete against women that dedicate their lives to weightlifting and crush them because "men and women are equal" and we can all just disregard the simple scientific fact that men simply are physically far stronger than women? All for the sake of being politically correct? That's insane.

are you a “little Person”

BrownArmy

They're crazy.

Why do you think they’re crazy?

It doesn’t make sense to you or me, but evidently some poor sod got mis-wired and thinks they’re a girl, even though they were born a boy, and vice versa.

I mean, what a life.

Maybe they shouldn’t go into sports, but who are you or I to say?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why do you think they’re crazy?

It doesn’t make sense to you or me, but evidently some poor sod got mis-wired and thinks they’re a girl, even though they were born a boy, and vice versa.

I mean, what a life.

Maybe they shouldn’t go into sports, but who are you or I to say?
Gender dysphoria is listed as a mental disorder by the American psychiatrist association.... so I guess you need to take it up with them.